X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanse Errata Thread

Please post errata here!

I see also that a cruiser is mispelled crusier on two pages (128 and 252).

There's a typo on the Churn Tracker. Major Churn - Challenge: "The crew has to go though (instead of through) an unexpected challenge test".
    And another on Epic: "and its (instead of it's) worse than whatever the crew is already dealing with."
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Re: Expanse Errata Thread

Please include page numbers. ( The printed page number on the pdf, not the one the pdf reader generates. )

The nearest previous heading is helpful as well.

Comment

How long are you going to collect errata before you correct the PDF? Iíd like to contribute, but must wait for public release.

Will the errata found until then be corrected in time for the print release?

Thanks!
      My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

Comment

All errata found in the next few days will be corrected in the print book.

I am uncertain when the preorder will begin for non Kickstarter backers to get their hands on the PDF. ( But I am thinking it will be very very soon. )

Comment

Thanks! One more question before Iíll stop hijacking this thread, if you donít mind.

Will the PDF be available on DriveThruRPG as soon as the pre-order starts? Iíll buy the PDF separately. Iíll wait for the physical book until it hits German stores.
          My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

Comment

Yes. When the preorder goes live ( or the Backerkit opens for the general public ) the PDF will be available immediately.

Comment

There is duplicate text on pages 158-159 about mars and the martians.

Comment

On page 45 of the pdf under Leveling Improvements for Ability Advancement, it states: "For scores up to 5, it requires one advancement. For abilities from 6 to
                8, it requires two. For abilities from 9 to 12, it requires three."

Yet at least for PCs, ability scores range from -2 to 4.

Is this a cut and paste error from another AGE system or am I misunderstanding something?

If this is an error, what would be the correction please.

Comment

The table of contents is missing the entry for Naomi Nagata under the Belters section.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaneko View Post
                    On page 45 of the pdf under Leveling Improvements for Ability Advancement, it states: "For scores up to 5, it requires one advancement. For abilities from 6 to
                    8, it requires two. For abilities from 9 to 12, it requires three."

Yet at least for PCs, ability scores range from -2 to 4.

Is this a cut and paste error from another AGE system or am I misunderstanding something?

If this is an error, what would be the correction please.
                    Starting abilities are -2 to 4. With advancement, they can go higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
                      Starting abilities are -2 to 4. With advancement, they can go higher.
                      It reads like 4 is the cap as 1 is considered normal for extraordinary people including the PCs and 4 as per page 25 under Abilities is considered Truly Outstanding.

Being able to go to 3 x Truly Outstanding seems far too extreme. Otherwise characters are going to easily get way over the top far too easily. Hence my query, is there another page in the book that supports a character basically becoming god-like in an attribute if a player wanted to push it.

Comment

I also got the impression 4 was the cap and that those numbers were typos, as I didn't see any other mention to such high numbers anywhere else in the book.

Edit* Except for the Project Caliban Hybrid, which has Con 7 and Str 14, which seems to suggest that both of those are easily surpassable by high level characters, especially in Power Armor
                        Last edited by Wombats; 03-06-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I assure you that's how it works in other AGE games.

It's very unlikely that you would put all of you ability advancements in a single ability. If you did, it would take seventeen levels to get to a 12 if you started with a four. You're far more likely to spread those advances out among all of your abilities.

Comment

On Page 96, when talking about the Long Burst stunt, it mentions checking capacity immediately after resolving the second attack. How is that different than normal?
                            Actually, rapid reload seems kind of off too - "The next time you miss immediately reload without checking capacity."
                            I feel like each firearm is supposed to have a capacity stat that says when they run out of ammo rather than just a 6 on the drama die, and short/long bursts would impose modifiers to that stat. Am I missing something?

On Page 84 reloading a gun is listed as an example of a minor action but seems to be considered a major action everywhere else.

Page 57, Protector at the Novice level mentions a "Blockade" action stunt that I don't see in the lists on pages 95-97

Leveling up seems to be at the whim of the game master, but is not mentioned at all in the "rewards" chapter detailing rewards the GM can bestow

Page 208 has a table detailing the threat level of enemies for PCs of specific levels, and mentions that some of the lower threat minions hang out in groups but is not specific. How many thugs for minor/moderate/major threats etc.? (I'm guessing 1 per PC, 2 per PC, 3 per PC...?)

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
                              I assure you that's how it works in other AGE games.

It's very unlikely that you would put all of you ability advancements in a single ability. If you did, it would take seventeen levels to get to a 12 if you started with a four. You're far more likely to spread those advances out among all of your abilities.
                              And there is no chance that it may have been changed for this particular iteration within the AGE system?

It seems truly odd that through natural progression you can become even more lethal than pretty well the worst thing seen in the Universe when there are very few ways in the universe that shows a character getting God-like abilities.

Granted, if you are one of the writers or developers then this is a set position.

Comment

Working...
                              X