Doors and Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doors and Corners

The Doors and Corners article sounds a lot like Fate in the way the Expanse RPG handles damage. Anyone else get a Fate vibe from it?

Re: Doors and Corners

Originally posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
    The Doors and Corners article sounds a lot like Fate in the way the Expanse RPG handles damage. Anyone else get a Fate vibe from it?
    I thought the same thing. Seems like it will be really interesting.

Comment

Gone
      Last edited by Harper; 4th September 2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I like the approach with fortune and conditions ... but two things seem strange: First, why another randomizer für injuries and wounds? Damage is already rolled, so why add another roll for how much damage an injury absords? Why not just have it, say, absorb 4 or 5 points?
        And second: Just 1d6 per condition? And just two conditions? That probably means that if you roll bad, you'll burn to your last few fortune points, your injury and your wound and still end up taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
          I like the approach with fortune and conditions ... but two things seem strange: First, why another randomizer für injuries and wounds? Damage is already rolled, so why add another roll for how much damage an injury absords? Why not just have it, say, absorb 4 or 5 points?
          And second: Just 1d6 per condition? And just two conditions? That probably means that if you roll bad, you'll burn to your last few fortune points, your injury and your wound and still end up taken out.
          I agree to some extent... though I understand the desire to have luck play a part. Otherwise it's ALL resource management min-maxing.

Personally, I'd say that the player can take 4pts per condition OR they roll for it. Kind of like the D&D HP level up, give the player the choice of taking the (slightly above) average result or push their luck with the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTolputt View Post
            I agree to some extent... though I understand the desire to have luck play a part. Otherwise it's ALL resource management min-maxing.
            Not min-maxing, there is always a risk, what you gain one way you loose another,

Comment

Working...
            X