Excitement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excitement

Ok whatís the hold up? If itís out digitally why is that not available for sale? How much longer before print editions come out? Iím not to sold on the system honestly and the delays just encourage me to spend money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin1cd View Post
      Ok whatís the hold up? If itís out digitally why is that not available for sale? How much longer before print editions come out? Iím not to sold on the system honestly and the delays just encourage me to spend money elsewhere.
      Green Ronin is a pretty small company, comparatively. The Kickstarter came out something like a year after its intention was announced, and the PDFs took a smidge longer as well.

But, they're actively listening to feedback, collecting errata requests, changing the art... Not too long ago there was a thread looking for typos in the PDF so they could get them corrected for the print version, which would suggest they're still being manufactured.

At this point, treat it like it's still in Beta / Early Access. It should be close though!

Comment

It was always our intention for Kickstarter backers to get exclusive access to the pdf until the book is in print.

The Backerkit should open for late pledges Very Soon.(tm)
        ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Soon as in how soon? Iím looking at months between what was stated goals. Iíd not mind jumping in but at this point it looks a little like vapor ware. I mean is GR really leaving a page up with coming soon for a month? Two? Three? after awhile a fella and a gaming group both move on.

Iím excited to support the franchise, less so the game rules but Iím not ruling them out. At this point though I guess I can home brew something rather than wait for something that is coming ďsoonĒ for months.

Comment

... Iíd not mind jumping in but at this point it looks a little like vapor ware....
            Vapor Ware? I have the pdf as I'm a kickstarter backer. It's anything but" Vapor Ware." That it's not coming out in a timely fashion that you'd like, it's hardly what you describe it as.

And it's excellent. Well worth the wait.
            [B]ArtWend[/B]
            Doors and Corners
            Excitedly [B]READING[/B] The Expanse RPG

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Klueless View Post
              Vapor Ware? I have the pdf as I'm a kickstarter backer. It's anything but" Vapor Ware." That it's not coming out in a timely fashion that you'd like, it's hardly what you describe it as.
              I get what he is saying though. You have the PDF. Hooray for you... but those of us who missed the Kickstarter do not. I have no real problem with that myself (regular KS backer and used to the lead time), but there is a limited attention-span for advertising something on the website before potential customers move on. The web-page has been up since October last year and the last "teaser" blog post first half of February, so I can understand the frustration on his part.

Looking forward to it myself, just mentioning that I get where someone not in the KS loop might be getting frustrated.

Comment

While you are waiting for the backer kit and the opportunity to get your own version of the game, you can still :
                - try the quickstart if you didn't run it already,
                - gather materials for your future campaign (reading the books, watching the series... Again.),
                - search over the Internet for new adventures or articles on the The Expanse RPG, since some of us will surely put online a few resources about our own campaigns.

I understand this is frustrating, though...
                But backers themselves only have for now a limited number of items, and are still waiting for ship plans (and stats, hopefully) and the campaign Abzu's bounty.
                Thomas Trolljaeger
                Du plomb dans le virtuel
                Caution, contains french gibberish and nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by BTolputt View Post
                  I get what he is saying though. You have the PDF. Hooray for you... but those of us who missed the Kickstarter do not. I have no real problem with that myself (regular KS backer and used to the lead time), but there is a limited attention-span for advertising something on the website before potential customers move on. The web-page has been up since October last year and the last "teaser" blog post first half of February, so I can understand the frustration on his part.

Looking forward to it myself, just mentioning that I get where someone not in the KS loop might be getting frustrated.
                  Thanks for the understanding BTolputt, 👍

Comment

Good news !
                    Originally posted by Chris Pramas on Kickstarter, April update
                    We are just waiting for some final numbers from our shipping partner and then that will go live. You should get emails about the pledge manager early next week. If you could fill that out quickly, we would very much appreciate it. We want to get books shipping ASAP!
                    Soon(tm) became as soon as next week.
                    Thomas Trolljaeger
                    Du plomb dans le virtuel
                    Caution, contains french gibberish and nonsense.

Comment

Next weeks have came and gone. The site still has coming soon! But not much else. It just is not bright to advertise something for months and not get it out there. If I didnít both very much want a copy, and if I didnít have this page opened in tabs I would have forgotten it by now... I preordered it on amazon because I saw it and thought it would be out months ago, in November. Now itís May and nothing. Iím considering cancelling my order and just doing something different with my money. How many folks have done the same while waiting? Itís disappointing to say the least. Can we get a real update? Iíd love to pick up the pdf even for now, but no way to support the game or the company is available.

Comment

Well, you could go here and late pledge.

https://app.crowdox.com/projects/178...leplaying-game
                        ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
                          Well, you could go here and late pledge.

https://app.crowdox.com/projects/178...leplaying-game
                          Done! Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Working...
                          X