Maps & Stuff as JPG/PNG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps & Stuff as JPG/PNG?

I am running To Sleep Perchance to Dream, and with shelter-in-place active, we need to run it remotely. I am considering using Roll20 as the platform, and I was hoping to put the base map there for the players to see as they move through it. (This is mostly proof of concept, as it's not really necessary to the scenario.) I have the PDF version from the v0.99 prerelease, but R20 takes only JPG, PNG, or GIF formats as media. Is there any way to get a JPG or PNG version? I don't trust these "free converters" you see online. I'd pay for usable maps for this and other scenarios.

Depending on your PDF reader, you may be able to either copy paste the image to paint or paint.ink or whatever you use for graphics, or you can export the specific page as a PNG or JPG, and then crop it to your needs.

It won't result in a very high resolution image, but it should be good enough.
    "The heart of the gambler's fallacy is a misconception of the fairness of the laws of chance. The gambler feels that the fairness of the coin entitles him to expect that any deviation in one direction will soon be cancelled by a corresponding deviation in the other. Even the fairest of coins, however, given the limitations of its memory and moral sense, cannot be as fair as the gambler expects it to be. This fallacy is not unique to gamblers. ... This expectation can be justified only by the belief that a random process is self-correcting. Idioms such as "errors cancel each other out" reflect the image of an active self-correcting process. Some familiar processes in nature obey such laws: a deviation from a stable equilibrium produces a force that restores the equilibrium. The laws of chance, in contrast, do not work that way: deviations are not cancelled as sampling proceeds, they are merely diluted." Kahneman and Tversky (1971)

Comment

I am looking to use Roll20, with some of the commercial tile sets to use for the maps. You should be able to do a screen capture from the PDF, and save it as a jpeg. How you do that depends on which operating system you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by Haywire View Post
        I am looking to use Roll20, with some of the commercial tile sets to use for the maps. You should be able to do a screen capture from the PDF, and save it as a jpeg. How you do that depends on which operating system you are using.
        pretty much what I have done
        Currently Playing:
        An Arl's Ransom - Xavier [url]http://roninarmy.com/threads/282-Characters-An-Arl-s-Ransom?p=8484&viewfull=1#post8484[/url]

Currently Running:
        Betrayer of Asgard - Conan converted over to Dragon Age <link to be added later>

Comment

Working...
        X