Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What support/licensing is available for publishing custom content for use with The Expanse RPG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What support/licensing is available for publishing custom content for use with The Expanse RPG?

I have been creating some custom content to use in my own games. I would love to share it via DriveThruRPG or a similar content distribution platform. Is The Expanse released under OGL, et. al., or is there otherwise support for publishing custom content for use with The Expanse RPG, such as WoTC's SDR, or similar style and content guides?

Originally posted by chrisbloom7 View Post
    I have been creating some custom content to use in my own games. I would love to share it via DriveThruRPG or a similar content distribution platform. Is The Expanse released under OGL, et. al., or is there otherwise support for publishing custom content for use with The Expanse RPG, such as WoTC's SDR, or similar style and content guides?
    Contact Green Ronin directly - these sort of questions are really best dealt with via _private_ _direct_ communication.

That said? The Expanse is not OGL and is a Licensed IP, not one Green Ronin own themselves - I would be very surprised if GR were in a position to sub-license usage of the IP.

The Expanse uses a variant of the Modern AGE rule set - and Green Ronin have been talking (for some time) about a community content program for AGE - but nothing has come of that as yet, and whether it would include in any fashion IP's that GR license for use with AGE (Lazarus, the Expanse, Dragon Age) is technically unknown but seems very unlikely.

As I said elsewhere on similar topic in relation to another publishers material:

"I'd contact <Green Ronin> directly and privately - and this is a good starting point:

https://roninarmy.com/forum/green-ro...-for-your-game

Copyright, trademark law and good practice are almost always more complex and subtle than fans generally assume - and fans always seem to underestimate how important these things are to publishers. Conducting these sorts of discussions publicly thus often gets confused and fraught - best to go to the source, understand the publishers _actual_ requirements and discus with them directly."

Cheers,

NDM

Comment

Nick answered very comprehensively.

There is an AGE community content program coming soon. ( I cannot answer when soon is. ) It will have style and content guidelines.

There is absolutely zero chance when it comes that anyone will be able to release content for our licensed games. ( Dragon AGE, The Expanse, Lazarus ) Our license covers *our* use of the licensed properties.
      ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Working...
      X