New to Modern Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Modern Age

My group is starting our first campaign on Friday and I have been elected to run the game. The setting I have come up with is very similar to the show sliders or any other "Alternate" earth genre. We started the campaign with GURPS however it was a little too crunchy for my players so we thought we would give Modern Age a go. So far we like what we see however as the GM I'm finding I'm having to custom make a lot of things. ie Animals and Monsters. I read here that the Fantasy Age monsters don't work well with Modern Age so I am curious what other GMs are doing. I'm not even building fantastic things, I'm talking wolves and bears as the characters are lost in the woods. But soon they may come across a vampire or werewolf or some other supernatural creature. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Re: New to Modern Age

Honestly, they're pretty cross compatible. Minor tweaking might be necessary, but, like, converting HP to a different mode of play is really the only snag, and it's a simple fix
    ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

You can use Fantasy AGE monsters with Modern AGE in cinematic mode as-is. Otherwise, you'll have to tweak Health and Defense downward. Full rules for conversion will appear in Enemies & Allies, slated for release later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm View Post
        You can use Fantasy AGE monsters with Modern AGE in cinematic mode as-is. Otherwise, you'll have to tweak Health and Defense downward. Full rules for conversion will appear in Enemies & Allies, slated for release later this year.
        I know you don't want to post the full conversion however is there a good rule of thumb you can share. I compared the guard dog in MAGE to the regular dog in FAGE and they are pretty similar except for some minor things. So I'm not sure how much of an adjustment you would consider for say Pulp Style om other animals and beasts.

Comment

Working...
        X