Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New World of Lazarus content In Lazarus: Risen comics ...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World of Lazarus content In Lazarus: Risen comics ...!

Ok, this is too cool, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere (apologies if it's a repeat). I picked up the first two issues of Lazarus: Risen, the latest Lazarus series from Greg Rucka & Michael Lark. Issue #2 just landed. It's a new format - trade paperback at about 44 pages. Main part is comic story, of course, but the back pages includes new fiction, letters and comments ... and new RPG content for World of Lazarus.

The content is credited to Crystal Frasier for Green Ronin. Rucka's comments in issue #1 mentioned the RPG content specifically, and that they're planning to make it a regular feature ... "Our plan is to continue supporting the RPG with NPCs, equipment, and perhaps rules modifications suitable for your own campaigns."

Issue #1 has a one page NPC write-up (Sgt. Casey "Spitfire" Solomon), and one page about drones, including some background, a new Talent (Drone Ace), and drones and related gear.

Issue #2 has a one page NPC write-up (Seré Cooper), and one page about journalists, including a new Talent (Journalist) and new Specialization (Propagandist).

Both issues also some include in-setting content in the form of ads for Lazarus setting TV shows and such.

Very cool!

I suspect those talents and specializations would be really useful for other Modern AGE games, so kudos to Mr. Rucka and Mr. Lark for this.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, [url=https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/618254]Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles[/url].

Comment

Originally posted by Davies View Post
      I suspect those talents and specializations would be really useful for other Modern AGE games, so kudos to Mr. Rucka and Mr. Lark for this.
      The content was written by Green Ronin's Lazarus developer Crystal Frasier.
      ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

I realize that. I was complimenting the publisher. Sometimes you don't compliment the person who actually does something, but the person or group who facilitated it. For example, if a gaming company were to hire someone to fix their buggy forum software, I would compliment the gaming company, rather than the programmer. <stare>
        Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, [url=https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/618254]Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles[/url].

Comment

Everybody got credited nicely in the comic book credits, as an aside. Crystal Frasier has clear credits for the RPG material, and big font - she's the 6th entry on the list that starts with Rucka. The fine print credit is sort of funny - the material for the RPG, in the Lazarus comic, is copyright Green Ronin, who in turn license the names, etc. from Rucka & Lark. Then again, I work with contracts, so my sense of humor may be biased (and/or non-existent ... ).

I really do love the collaboration, and kudos to the team all the way around. It's certainly a rarity to see RPG material in a comic book - the old V&V and Champions comics did, but not much beyond those that I recall. Mr. Rucka had a great introduction in the World of Lazarus setting book, and it's just great to see him / them continue that love and support of rpgs in their new series.

It does have a letter column as well, so if you get and like the issues, I recommend sending them an email and telling them so.

Comment

Yesterday I had a post or two in this thread. Today... gone. Is that normal since the forum revamp?

Comment

Yea, looks like one of mine got deleted as well.

Comment

We had to restore from a backup and lost a couple of days worth of content. This affected both the forums and our blog posts. Liquidweb is investigating.

ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Working...
                X