Rucka's Black Magick for Modern AGE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rucka's Black Magick for Modern AGE?

Wondering if anyone's considering using / drawing inspiration from Greg Rucka's Black Magick comic series. It's too much to think GR would wind up turning it into an official setting (but stranger things have happened). It's a supernatural police procedural, of sorts ... I think Modern AGE would handle it well. I just picked up the new hardback collection, so was fresh in my mind.

black-magick-the-first-book-of-shadows-hc_b071330d4b.jpg

It was definitely a touch of inspiration for one of my Modern AGE games (along with many other urban fantasy things). Has the series finished yet? I've only ever been able to get my hands on the first trade
    ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
      It was definitely a touch of inspiration for one of my Modern AGE games (along with many other urban fantasy things). Has the series finished yet? I've only ever been able to get my hands on the first trade
      I think it's gotten through 11 issues (so, two trades; single hardback) ... don't know if it's advanced further than that.

Comment

Oh nice!
        ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

I haven't read the comics since they just came out, so I might misremember. Wouldn't that need a more free-form kind of magic? How would you handle that in Modern AGE?
          My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

Comment

Not sure how I'd handle that just quite yet. I need to do a deeper read of the comics, and then look over Modern AGE and see how I'd sort it.

Comment

Working...
            X