Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you used Modern AGE for so far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you used Modern AGE for so far?

Modern AGE has been out for almost a year now. For those who have run/played it, what setting/story have you done with it? And how did it go?

I知 thinking of using it for either a Stargate SG-1 type game or The 100. Just curious what others have done with it and if everything went well.

I have run a few things with it. I have an urban fantasy game with mages, an urban fantasy game that is something between noir and Saturday morning cartoons, a crime/police drama and a teen mystery game. I've played in a portal fantasy game, as well as a teen drama game

You can check out some of the information on one of the settings, the urban fantasy game with mages, here: Magus Mundi
    Signatures are broken?

Comment

I ran a 70's horror game last October, and plan on running a post-modern espionage game in the fall, along with a sequel to the horror game in modern times.
      DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
      [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

I'm running a 1910 weird science campaign. My players and I are enjoying the system.
        The quantity of stunts is a bit unwieldy but we are slowly getting used to them.

Link:
        https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-a...ence-one-shots
        Last edited by marc c; 06-13-2019, 07:43 AM.
        marc c (also know as shesheyan on other forums)

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll look at the recaps for Magus Mundi and https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-a...ence-one-shots later.

I just want to get a feel for how it differs from running Fantasy AGE too. One thing I did notice was the bigger list of stunts. It's a good and a bad thing. Good because people thought that there weren't enough stunts in FAGE but bad because I feel there are too many and will just add to the possible choice paralysis. Anyway, I'm planning to ask them to pick 4-5 ones from the list before hand and limit them to their selected 4-5 ones. They can change their stunt options after their characters get a full rest or maybe in the next session. Still thinking about it.

I'm planning to introduce Modern AGE completely new gamers and I don't want to overwhelm them with a big list of stunts to choose from each time they get a double.

Comment

Originally posted by gabeprime View Post
            I'm planning to introduce Modern AGE completely new gamers and I don't want to overwhelm them with a big list of stunts to choose from each time they get a double.
            I introduced three people to gaming with Modern AGE. What I did was keep the stunt sheets between me and my veteran players, and when a newbie rolled we very excitedly helped guide them at to what they could do with the stunts. The new players took quickly to the lists and it didn't slow combat or non-combat scenes much within a few sessions
            Signatures are broken?

Comment

Originally posted by gabeprime View Post

That's why we have basic and then general stunts, and instructions on how to introduce them. Read this stuff! It's not in there for nothing.

Plus of course, the Companion's got rules for a universal stunt table.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Kythkyn.

Hi Malcolm.

Originally posted by Malcolm View Post

That's why we have basic and then general stunts, and instructions on how to introduce them. Read this stuff! It's not in there for nothing.

Plus of course, the Companion's got rules for a universal stunt table.
                yeah, that痴 my bad. I haven稚 had the chance to read through all of it yet and skimmed through the parts I thought I already understood from playing Fantasy AGE. I知 in the process of reading through the whole book at the moment.

Then I also got the MOdern AGE companion and Expanse so I jumped to skimming through those.

I did see the stunt table in the Companion and I thought that was pretty good. But yeah, I値l go read the whole of the basic book first.
                Last edited by gabeprime; 05-30-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I am currently prepping a Wizarding World series of adventures set in the 1920s (so very Fantastic Beasts)

Comment

Technically, running The Expanse blend of Modern AGE - had our first session this afternoon. Folks really liked the system; we're going to do a 3 adventure arc for The Expanse and then re-assess. My Players were very interested in trying Modern AGE (and other AGE games) after today's session.

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
                      I have run a few things with it. I have an urban fantasy game with mages, an urban fantasy game that is something between noir and Saturday morning cartoons, a crime/police drama and a teen mystery game. I've played in a portal fantasy game, as well as a teen drama game

You can check out some of the information on one of the settings, the urban fantasy game with mages, here: Magus Mundi
                      This was some really inspiring stuff for me working up a setting today. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000buffalo View Post
                        This was some really inspiring stuff for me working up a setting today. Very cool.
                        Oh, thanks
                        Signatures are broken?

Comment

Working...
                        X