New Fantasy Age Monster Bestiary Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fantasy Age Monster Bestiary Needed

While you can use monsters from Blue Rose and Dragon Age (with some conversions), I think we could use another Bestiary. It would be nice if it took a page from Starfinder's Alien Archive and added PC race info with some of the entries. For example, if they had a dhampir npc stat block beside it would be the race player options for that race.

Re: New Fantasy Age Monster Bestiary Needed

Between the Core, Bestiary and Companion, and with the options of redressing, beefing and modifying, I doubt there is much overwhelming need for another bestiary so soon. Modern AGE will be getting something akin to a Bestiary this year, which can likely also be plundered
    Signatures are broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
      While you can use monsters from Blue Rose and Dragon Age (with some conversions), I think we could use another Bestiary. It would be nice if it took a page from Starfinder's Alien Archive and added PC race info with some of the entries. For example, if they had a dhampir npc stat block beside it would be the race player options for that race.
      Keep in mind that on the Fantasy Age forums you might find a misbalance towards DIY folks; a lot of the content-creator/designer group wandered off waiting for something like OGL. Strangely enough the Dragon AGE group is still pretty active on monster/creature/homebrew posting. Hopefully with the Content Creation Program coming out soon we may see people wondering back, and especially with a lot of the (also upcoming) content such as the Fantasy AGE Setting coming out this year. [PLZ. K THX!]

As a side note, I've been converting the OGL monsters from Tome of Beasts (Kobold Press). in anticipation of the CCP. If you actually run an active group let me know, I may be able to share something in a short-bit to playtest.

-LN

Comment

You could also pick up Kobold Quarterly’s Midgard Bestiary for DAGE. $5 for iirc 60+ adversaries.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
          You could also pick up Kobold Quarterly’s Midgard Bestiary for DAGE. $5 for iirc 60+ adversaries.
          Good to note that if you use Kobold Press Midgard Bestiary Vol 1 you still will need to do conversion on these if you are using for Fantasy AGE; attributes are DAGE and sometimes wonky. Overall though this is a good suggestion, it's a nice add-on especially if you are using their Midgard Campaign Setting book (which is Pathfinder and DAGE). Most of that book is system neutral (with PF elements) and the ending of the book has DAGE specific spells and such.
          Last edited by LimpingNinja; 03-10-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LimpingNinja View Post
            Good to note that if you use Kobold Press Midgard Bestiary Vol 1 you still will need to do conversion on these if you are using for Fantasy AGE; attributes are DAGE and sometimes wonky. Overall though this is a good suggestion, it's a nice add-on especially if you are using their Midgard Campaign Setting book (which is Pathfinder and DAGE). Most of that book is system neutral (with PF elements) and the ending of the book has DAGE specific spells and such.
            Their setting book was a great supplement for DAGE. 50ish spells, new specializations/talents, and iirc rules for being a clockwork.

For DAGE, the spells were an easy addition. Each new school has enough spells to be a mini-school (like blood magic). For FAGE, there’s more conversion. However, it’d be easier with the FAGE Companion option of expanded Arcana.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post

I hope they do a FAGE version!
              Last edited by Jason_Sunday; 03-13-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
                Between the Core, Bestiary and Companion, and with the options of redressing, beefing and modifying, I doubt there is much overwhelming need for another bestiary so soon. Modern AGE will be getting something akin to a Bestiary this year, which can likely also be plundered
                So soon? Didn't the Bestiary come out in May or June 2017? It's been almost 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
                  So soon? Didn't the Bestiary come out in May or June 2017? It's been almost 2 years.
                  Sure, but given the production time for Green Ronin, and the fact that it takes time as it is, I doubt it's high on the priority list to churn out Monster Manuals. But there are a tonne of options on modifying and creating your own monsters, that give GMs a lot of room to add as they see fit
                  Signatures are broken?

Comment

Don't forget that Titansgrave has a number of new monsters (and one new PC race), and was written for FAGE.
                    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
                    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
                    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
                    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
                    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Originally posted by timemrick View Post
                      Don't forget that Titansgrave has a number of new monsters (and one new PC race), and was written for FAGE.
                      There is this and I myself am working on a series of Documents I want to post here getting my take on certain adversaries. My series includes Celestial/Infernal beings, Otherworldly Creatures, Mundane adversaries, and even new types of Dragons and even tackling Flora.

It is going to take me a while (since I do all my own work) and I have only begun with the Preliminary stages of these documents.

I also want to tackle other aspects of the Game like Magic; including new Arcana and new Casting Methods and new Talents

I have previously done a TitansGrave specific House Rule document (Here). It doesn't include new monsters or anything but I am also working on Version 3 which will indeed include some as well as some Pre-Gen Characters as well.

To be fair, I like tinkering with the system myself and since they released a guideline for making adversaries in the companion, all of my adversaries in these aforementioned documents are going to be built using that set of guidelines (with some tweaks for aesthetics or concept)
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAR0pWWHBadjJQdkU"]Age of Alchemy[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAY1JteV9mQjhxamc"]Battlemap Rules based on HeroScape[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAVzNDRUtWT0pjSnM"]Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy - Playtest version[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpATDZrZUhXaHBJd00"]Magic Items Repository Volume 1[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcHVOdVUtajJnV1k"]Magic Items Repository Volume 2[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcWM5VWFhcXVZUEU"]FAGE-TitansGrave Random Character Generator[/URL]
                      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpANUxzNHo2aDYxejA"]20 races for FAGE...enjoy[/URL]
                      [URL="https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/"]https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/[/URL] This is my new log Site i just created. it is going to have fantasy short story snippets for you guys. Enjoy

Comment

After the new setting book comes out I think a new bestiary will be discussed in more depth. Also, Lairs will include more monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by timemrick View Post
                          Titansgrave, to me, is a weird beast. If you’re interested in FAGE, it’s a more traditional fantasy rule set, bordering on the black powder age. Titansgrave, with blasters et al, is just a little too sci fi to include.

So if I had wanted to go more sci fi, I wouldn’t have picked FAGE and if I had picked FAGE, it’s because I didn’t want sci fi.

That said, intermingling sci fi, fantasy, and AGE is a stronger option now that MAGE and the Expanse are out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X