Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play as Goblin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Play as Goblin

    Has anyone created a Goblin player race? It seems that playing goblins are all the rage now.
    Last edited by Jason_Sunday; 02-26-2019, 03:44 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Play as Goblin

    How about this?

    If you choose to play a Goblin, modify your character as follows:
    • Add 1 to your Dexterity ability.
    • Pick one of the following ability focuses: Dexterity (Stealth) or Perception (Smelling)
    • You have Dark Sight, which allows you to see up to 20 yards in darkness without a light source.
    • Your Speed is equal to 10 + Dexterity.
    • Roll twice on the Goblin Benefits table for additional benefits.


    2d6 Roll Benefit
    2 +1 Willpower
    3-4 Focus: Communication (Deception)
    5 Focus: Perception (Tracking)
    6 Focus: Accuracy (Light Blades)
    7-8 +1 Accuracy
    9 Focus: Dexterity (Lock Picking)
    10-11 Focus: Constitution (Running)
    12 +1 Perception
    My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Play as Goblin

      Originally posted by mrkwnzl View Post
      How about this?

      If you choose to play a Goblin, modify your character as follows:
      • Add 1 to your Dexterity ability.
      • Pick one of the following ability focuses: Dexterity (Stealth) or Perception (Smelling)
      • You have Dark Sight, which allows you to see up to 20 yards in darkness without a light source.
      • Your Speed is equal to 10 + Dexterity.
      • Roll twice on the Goblin Benefits table for additional benefits.


      2d6 Roll Benefit
      2 +1 Willpower
      3-4 Focus: Communication (Deception)
      5 Focus: Perception (Tracking)
      6 Focus: Accuracy (Light Blades)
      7-8 +1 Accuracy
      9 Focus: Dexterity (Lock Picking)
      10-11 Focus: Constitution (Running)
      12 +1 Perception
      That looks pretty good! Thank you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Play as Goblin

        AGE Explorations: Freeport Backgrounds has a Goblin Sneak background. It was written for the Dragon AGE rules, pre-FAGE, but pretty much the only change needed is substituting Intelligence for Cunning.
        Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
        Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
        Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
        Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
        Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Play as Goblin

          Originally posted by timemrick View Post
          AGE Explorations: Freeport Backgrounds has a Goblin Sneak background. It was written for the Dragon AGE rules, pre-FAGE, but pretty much the only change needed is substituting Intelligence for Cunning.
          I didn't realize that. Thank you!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Play as Goblin

            Wouldn't have a small species a Speed of 8 + Dex?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Play as Goblin

              The goblin in the core rule book has a Speed of 14 and a dexterity of 4. At least for the adversaries, size and speed don't necessarily correlate.
              My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Play as Goblin

                I agree, but with the Goblin Sneak in the Freeport characters PDF having a Speed of 8 + Dex, the stats in the FAGE corebook might simply contain a mistake.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Play as Goblin

                  Originally posted by rulandor View Post
                  I agree, but with the Goblin Sneak in the Freeport characters PDF having a Speed of 8 + Dex, the stats in the FAGE corebook might simply contain a mistake.
                  Maybe they are like Pathfinder Goblins, fast for their size.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X