Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why use a Medium Shield?

Hello,

I have a question regarding medium shields: Why would anyone ever use them, except when one couldnít afford a heavy shield? You need a Talent to use medium and heavy shields, but the Novice rank unlocks both at the same time. Heavy shields donít impose any disadvantage, as fas as I can see.

Thanks a lot!
    My AGE Character Sheets: https://roninarmy.com/forum/dragon-age-rpg-age-system/modern-age/8450-age-fan-made-character-sheets

Re: Why use a Medium Shield?

You're not missing anything--it's just the cost.

Comment

Re: Why use a Medium Shield?

It is worth noting a few things:
      • Warriors who take Weapon and Shield Style at level 1 get a Medium shield for free.
      • Anyone who does not have Weapon and Shield Style only gets a +1 to Defense when wielding a shield, regardless of size.
      • Individual campaigns may restrict which shields are available for sale, or may have magic items that are specific shield sizes.
      • This can be a good middle-of-the-road shield to use for creating NPCs who need decent Defense, but not not have it go too high.
      If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

Working...
      X