X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VladGenX
    started a topic Technology Arcana Snafu

Technology Arcana Snafu

Okay, so the details behind this are simple. I combined the Digital Arcana and the Machine Arcana from the Modern Age core Rulebook to make a Technology Arcana set for a TitanGsrave Campaign. however, the Tracking Spell does not fair with the world of Valkana since they do not have any sort of GPS or even the Internet to be able to use this spell.

so my current list is as follows:
    NOVICE SPELLS: Bypass; Repair; Schematic; and Tracker
    JOURNEYMAN SPELLS: Fuel and Gremlins
    MASTER SPELLS: Animate and Arcane Hack

Like i said Tracker will not work for the world and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what i can replace it with?

• VladGenX
    replied
    Re: Technology Arcana Snafu

I think I found the solution. Its a spell I'm calling Discharge. Technology Arcana (Novice); Enchantment; TN 13; MP 6; Constitution (Stamina) vs Spellpower to resist. Target a device that uses a battery within 20 yards of you. Roll 1d6. The battery discharges that many of its charges and deals that much in penetrating damage to the user or anyone adjacent to the discharge. Anyone who passes the above test only tales piercing damage. The battery has then lost a number of charges equal to the amount you discharged

Leave a comment:

• VladGenX
    replied

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
    Perhaps a spell for perceiving technological energy appliances - batteries, generators, computers, cyber impants and so on.
    to be fair, i'm not sure how to handle this one. since technology is so prominent in Valkana, this one won't really work.

UNLESS...your talking about the flow of energies that power the technology? in that case, casting the spell would allow you to basically see inside of the machine and detect what kind of errors are in the code. the problem is that this is too similar to the Schematic spell that already does something similar.

I was thinking like an EMP Burst but Gremlins does that already so that one is a bust too.

Leave a comment:

• rulandor
    replied

Perhaps a spell for perceiving technological energy appliances - batteries, generators, computers, cyber impants and so on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X