Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eberron Conversion for FAGE

Hello Board!

I am currently breaking my brains over an Eberron conversion for Fantasy Age. I would convert only what's absolutely necessary, and according to my idea that would be:

Races
    Changelings
    Shifters > almost unchanged Beastfolk from the Compendium
    Kalashtar
    Warforged > re-skinned Oreans from the Compendium
    Half-elves > bonus on communication, one roll on the table for human benefits, one on the table for elven benefits
    Half-orcs > bonus on strength, one roll on the table for human benefits, one on the table for orc benefits

Specializations
    Artificer > my biggest road block at the moment
    Cleric > Mage with dinive magic from the compendium and Will (Faith)
    Druid > my next biggest road block
    Psionics > Maybe an abuse of the M-AGE spell differentiation in order to define what's magic and what's psionic?

Heroic Characteristics
    Dragon Marks > Not yet thought about it
    Religion > Associate different gods with fitting arcanas

Prestige Classes > not thought about it yet

Magic Items > no ideas yet
    Dragon shards
    Warforged Components
    Artifacts

Monsters (certain, at least) > not yet thought about it
    Daelkyr
    Dolgaunt
    Dolgrim
    Homunculus
    Living Spell
    Quori
    Symbiont

Well, that's my intention. For starters, I would like to come up with specializations for the artificer and the druids, who are equally essential in Eberron. Any ideas out there that might help?

Thanks in advance, people!

Re: Eberron Conversion for FAGE

Okay, nevermind, just found this: https://vaelorn.files.wordpress.com/...erron-v0-1.pdf

Look first, post second.

Comment

Don't give up so fast! The link you posted leads to a Dragon Age conversion of Eberron, not a Fantasy Age conversion. There are quite significant differences in abilities, focuses, leveling up, specializations and magic.

For example: in the Fantasy Age Companion already exists a specialization called "Marked", that seems inspired by the Eberron Dragonmarked.
      Last edited by rulandor; 08-15-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Woah... I didn't even notice that because I just had a glimpse on it. Thanks for pointing that out. Will probably be a good point to start from tho.

Comment

Hey!
          I started doing one, but then I quit just before it basically worked pretty much out of the box, since I always Adapt, NOT convert (subtle difference, but not that subtle).
          I.e., I removed the +1 to any ability from classes and allowed Changeling to change shape.
          I said that Warforged don't need to sleep, drink or eat and bum.

AGE is and, despite of the squads trying to play it like D&D, will always be a free form game where you shouldn't take much effort to balance things perfectly.

AGE in Eberron works pretty well even for the system itself.
          Give out Alchemy and extend its use to re-create an Artificier, no much work needed. You can even create a parallel talent without even writing up, telling that you can go with consumables at novice, with common items at journeyman etc, or simply that it allows alchemy to be applied to other stuff too.

You can make Dragonmarks as talents if you wanna go the hard route or treat them as permanent items if you wanna go the easy route (what I would do).

For the rest, everything is all about how you play it. The most important factor is the "feel" and AGE has the Eberron feel built in (consider Action Points = stunts, in terms of heroic mindset).

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis View Post
            AGE is and, despite of the squads trying to play it like D&D, will always be a free form game where you shouldn't take much effort to balance things perfectly.
            Pull the other one, it has bells on it XD

I own quite a few freeform games, and AGE is not one. It's pretty darn crunchy actually, and highly combat focused. Like that certain other game, Underground Complexes and Flying Lizards or something.

Not that it's bad, I own significantly crunchier systems, but it's important to realise that AGE is pretty much a D&D descendant, and shockingly closer to a direct one.

On the recommendations you made, Alchemy is shockingly limited to an Artificer. Even if it actually allowed you to be an alchemist (the fact it doesn't allow the creation of healing portions and antidotes is something I'm very annoyed about) that's not actually something most Artificers do a whole lot. They focus on temporarily enhancing items (I believe there's an Arcana for that now?) and building permanent magic items, which you'd need to homebrew a Talent for (just make a set of lists for them to pick from, Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master, and let the player pick 2/3 per rank).

Dragonmarks should be Talents, just have them give free uses of suitable spells once per day. Can't be asked to make any example dragonmarks, it's past 11.

Comment

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
              Don't give up so fast! The link you posted leads to a Dragon Age conversion of Eberron, not a Fantasy Age conversion. There are quite significant differences in abilities, focuses, leveling up, specializations and magic.

For example: in the Fantasy Age Companion already exists a specialization called "Marked", that seems inspired by the Eberron Dragonmarked.
              Wow, someone found that thing! Yes, it is based on Dragon Age rather than Fantasy Age so would need some tweaking. I actually thought the Blue Rose approach to magic/spells etc was better than FA. Unfortunately I don't have time to update it, but if anyone want's to have a go, have at it!
              [url=http://vaelorn.wordpress.com]Vaelorn's Dragon Age Blog[/url] including [url=http://vaelorn.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/the-power-of-the-mind-psionics-in-age/]AGE Psionics[/url] and [url=http://vaelorn.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/age-of-conan-modification-draft-version/]AGE of Conan[/url]!

Comment

Working...
              X