Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GR books in Europe

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
    Please note: Green Ronin is a *maker* of books. Not a retailer. Yes, we do sell some books via our web store, but most of our sales are via distribution. We don't sell on Amazon. We don't stop in at game stores to drop off products. We don't individually call stores to get them to carry our products. All of our books are available in Europe via distributors. Any game store CAN order them. If your local game store doesn't carry them, keep asking them. Badger them. They ARE available. Your Friendly Local Game Store CAN order them from a distributor.
    I have done what you suggest.

I just sent a mail to my favorite local game store and ask if I could order one of your book .
    God forgive...not me

Comment

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
      What is this with Amazon.co.uk and the Companion? I placed one order with Amazon.de and another with Amazon.fr. Both books were delivered via Royal Mail from Britain.

Oh, and one of the copies came from a an Oxford bookshop with quite some history on its shoulders. They had offered on Amazon.de, and they deliver for very acceptable Euro prices to Germany.
      What was the Oxford Bookshop, because I _still_ haven't seen the Companion listed in Asmodee UK's "New Releases" PDF yet this year.

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by NickMiddleton View Post
        What was the Oxford Bookshop, because I _still_ haven't seen the Companion listed in Asmodee UK's "New Releases" PDF yet this year.

Cheers,

Nick
        It was Blackwell's.

Although they currently seem out of stock, but sell used copies from US and Canada shops.

Amazon France seems to be freshly stocked. Try that - itīs the English version (Livres Anglais). You can use your normal Amazon account. I use their French shop whenever I cannot get something in Germany or Britain, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by NickMiddleton View Post

Cheers,

Nick
          Are you looking at their distribution website, or their own sales website?
          ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar
            Are you looking at their distribution website, or their own sales website?
            I check the weekly PDF's they post here - https://www.asmodee.co.uk/new-releases/

I also chat regularly with the staff from my FLGS (some of whom are friends and in one of my regular groups) as several are AGE Fans (we are currently playing a game set in Tamriel using Fantasy AGE) and they've not seen anything from Amsodee about it either last we talked.

Blackwells is of course an _actual_ bookstore (and a national chain)- where as my FLGS is a Comics, Collectibles and Games store (albeit it is _technically_ a chain - one of four stores in the North of England). I've pre-ordered through my FLGS, so I know I'm going to have to wait for it to show up with them, just curious as its beginning to seem slightly unusual.

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

I've got some good news. While at Gen Con, a member of our sales team had a meeting with Asmodee UK. They are going to step up their game and order more of our books. ( And market our books to more game stores in Europe. )
              ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Good news!

The book meanwhile even appeared at my usual friendly online game store. Of course, I already have two copies long since gotten from the UK ...

Comment

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
                  The situation in Germany for English language games is increasingly dire, except for people wo play D&D and Pathfinder.

As the Fantasy Age Companion is definitely not available in the country, I ordered a second copy in France - the last one Amazon.fr had in stock. Hopefully, at least one of the two books (from the UK and France) will arrive.
                  I know that this comes about two months to late, but our bookshop in Berlin actually carries FantasyAge, DragonAge, Blue Rose and other Green Ronin titles (excluding Mutants & Masterminds, since there seems to be no big market for superhero games over here). If I'm not mistaken, we even had the companion back in June, or at least some time in July. We don't have an online shop, but we do send out books (just write us an email if you're looking for something). You can find us at otherland-berlin.de.
                  Also, if you don't know it yet, you should definitely check out the online shop sphaerenmeisters-spiele.de. They are very good at getting English stuff as early as possible, have great customer service and are generally awesome.

Comment

What about Paris ?
                    God forgive...not me

Comment

So, Asmodee UK _FINALLY_ had some copies of the Fantasy AGE Companion in this weeks releases! Picked up my hard copy from my FLGS yesterday, along with the Modern AGE GM's kit.

Hopefully Amsodee will be a bit more timely with subsequent releases!

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

Gameslore UK sell in the uk and ship globally.

Comment

Working...
                        X