AGE Community Content program?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZenithComics
    started a topic AGE Community Content program?

AGE Community Content program?

Has there been any news on this at all?

I know they said something about it last year, but I still haven't seen anything come of it.

Cheers!

• Jakob Schmidt
    replied
    I know that the answer is probably "no", but is there any news about the CCP? At least some vague ideas about how it will look?
    I have to scenarios written and statted for F-AGE, and right now, I'd have the time to translate them into English and get them ready to go. But if the AGE CCP turns out to be like the one for the Cypher system (meaning that it would take away my intellectual property rights to the scenarios themselves), I'd decide against going with the AGE system and start converting them to Dungeon Crawl Classics for publication.
    It would be great to get just some basic idea what kind of community licence we can expect.

Leave a comment:

• LimpingNinja
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickus View Post
    A number of companies focus on delivering their in house settings first before allowing 3rd party releases. People have been wanting the same from Fantasy Flight Games for Genesys and they will have to wait for the different planned settings to be released before FFG mentions community content.
    To be fair the community around FFG stuff (and Genesys) is in a different area then that for most GR/AGE stuff. The content, tools, and releases from the 'informal' community for Genesys are pretty (very) rich already and the developers participate in the informal community very regularly (i.e. Facebook) for advice and rulings. That and they are used to community in a deep way with organized play for various games. I don't think that is an apples to apples comparison.

Leave a comment:

• LimpingNinja
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickus View Post
    A number of companies focus on delivering their in house settings first before allowing 3rd party releases. People have been wanting the same from Fantasy Flight Games for Genesys and they will have to wait for the different planned settings to be released before FFG mentions community content.
    To be fair the community around FFG stuff (and Genesys) is in a different area then that for most GR/AGE stuff. The content, tools, and releases from the 'informal' community for Genesys are pretty (very) rich already and the developers participate in the informal community very regularly (i.e. Facebook) for advice and rulings. That and they are used to community in a deep way with organized play for various games. I don't think that is an apples to apples comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Wickus
    replied

I know mine is not a popular viewpoint, but let GR release what they have to and then we can clamour for community content programmes. As for slow releases, small company and releasing IP products is more important to keep the lights on.

As I have said, not popular but I am willing to wait till such a time when GR is ready.

I am looking forward to the community content programme, when it arrives, so as a buyer I can support it. From discussions elsewhere and with fellow AGEnts there are a number of great ideas from the community.

Leave a comment:

• Nitorin
    replied
    Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
    Re: AGE Community Content program?

I'm not sure what's going on.
    I made and account here just to keep an eye on this thread. Hopefully the poking has gone better this month? Any idea on what's going on?

I would imagine they're waiting until the campaign setting aid is released before they'd start the program, yes?
    Last edited by Nitorin; 04-30-2019, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kot the Protector
    replied

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
    It really seems a little strange by now ... I mean, practically every new system out there comes with some kind of community/fan/open gaming licence out of the gate, and there's a stated interest for an AGE community licence ... so how hard can it be?
    I imagine that if it was easy they would have it out by now. I would guess it is legal or permission complications more than anything else, or maybe something higher priority has come up.

It will come when it comes. In the meantime, I intend to prepare for it!

Leave a comment:

• Kythkyn
    replied

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
    It really seems a little strange by now ... I mean, practically every new system out there comes with some kind of community/fan/open gaming licence out of the gate, and there's a stated interest for an AGE community licence ... so how hard can it be?
    IDK. I trust they're doing their best. They may be waiting for some of the Modern AGE content to be available? Or, well, anything is conjecture at this point. But I am still hoping this is a thing and that it is sooner rather than later

Leave a comment:

• Jakob Schmidt
    replied

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
    Oh no. That's worse than soon. So much worse than soon...

Leave a comment:

• Kythkyn
    replied

Oh no. That's worse than soon. So much worse than soon...

Leave a comment:

• Fildrigar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fantasy Heartbreaker
    replied

So still no news on this idea?

None at all?

:'(

Leave a comment:

• Jason_Sunday
    replied

Sorry, it should be coming really soon.
    You should totally trademark "Soon". haha

Leave a comment:

• Jakob Schmidt
    replied

I know this -

Originally posted by robertsconley View Post
    When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.

The specific term that causes issues is the one that restricts the release of any DERIVATIVE products to the community content program for the duration of the copyright terms. I am find with only ever selling Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Age on the community content page. I am not fine with not being able to sell Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Swords & Wizardry or any other RPG system I want to release it for.

The same for the setting I sell like Blackmarsh. I will be glad to do a Fantasy Age version but not if it prevents me from selling other version made for different RPGs outside of the community content program.

I think the impact of these terms has greatly reduced the quantity and variety of product for Cypher, and Cortex community content program. The two programs that are the most similar to a Fantasy Age program. The Traveller Aid Society program likewise is a wasteland compared to the rival open content Cepheus system.

This term only makes sense if Green Ronin wants support for settings like Dragon Age and Blue Rose. Otherwise it will just drive off author who don't wish their original IP tied up with such restrictions.

I would like to develop material for Fantasy AGE but it has to be a two way street beyond the ability to commercially sell if the only thing being offered are the rules.
    - has been posted quite a while ago, but I just really need to second it. I have two scenarios ready for F-AGE in German (at least, they#re completely written), and I really want to translate them into English as soon as the CCP arrives, but I won't publish them through it if that means being unable to also adapt and sell these scenarios for Mythras, DungeonWorld and Swords&Wizardry.

Leave a comment:

• Fildrigar
    replied

Sorry, it should be coming really soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X