No announcement yet.

AGE Community Content program?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A number of companies focus on delivering their in house settings first before allowing 3rd party releases. People have been wanting the same from Fantasy Flight Games for Genesys and they will have to wait for the different planned settings to be released before FFG mentions community content.

I know mine is not a popular viewpoint, but let GR release what they have to and then we can clamour for community content programmes. As for slow releases, small company and releasing IP products is more important to keep the lights on.

As I have said, not popular but I am willing to wait till such a time when GR is ready.

I am looking forward to the community content programme, when it arrives, so as a buyer I can support it. From discussions elsewhere and with fellow AGEnts there are a number of great ideas from the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickus View Post
      A number of companies focus on delivering their in house settings first before allowing 3rd party releases. People have been wanting the same from Fantasy Flight Games for Genesys and they will have to wait for the different planned settings to be released before FFG mentions community content.
      To be fair the community around FFG stuff (and Genesys) is in a different area then that for most GR/AGE stuff. The content, tools, and releases from the 'informal' community for Genesys are pretty (very) rich already and the developers participate in the informal community very regularly (i.e. Facebook) for advice and rulings. That and they are used to community in a deep way with organized play for various games. I don't think that is an apples to apples comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickus View Post
        To be fair the community around FFG stuff (and Genesys) is in a different area then that for most GR/AGE stuff. The content, tools, and releases from the 'informal' community for Genesys are pretty (very) rich already and the developers participate in the informal community very regularly (i.e. Facebook) for advice and rulings. That and they are used to community in a deep way with organized play for various games. I don't think that is an apples to apples comparison.

Comment

I know that the answer is probably "no", but is there any news about the CCP? At least some vague ideas about how it will look?
          I have to scenarios written and statted for F-AGE, and right now, I'd have the time to translate them into English and get them ready to go. But if the AGE CCP turns out to be like the one for the Cypher system (meaning that it would take away my intellectual property rights to the scenarios themselves), I'd decide against going with the AGE system and start converting them to Dungeon Crawl Classics for publication.
          It would be great to get just some basic idea what kind of community licence we can expect.

Comment

Working...
          X