Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AGE Community Content program?

Originally posted by LimpingNinja View Post
    Was this an epic troll or did the news get pulled last minute again? While the Dragon Age sourcebook, the FAGE Campaign Guide + Lairs + Setting, Modern AGE companion + Allies&Enemies + Threefold Setting we’re all fantastic news the community content news was the same message that’s been in this forum for two years with Modern AGE tossed in: “Look for an announcement about our community content program for Fantasy AGE and Modern AGE soon“

I don’t mean to be negative but that specific bit was a bit of disappointment.

I’m eagerly anticipating the rest of the releases this year though!
    Agreed!

Comment

Look for an announcement about our community content program for Fantasy AGE and Modern AGE soon.
      Sorry, I thought there was going to be more than this in there.

I didn't get a full look at part three before it went up.
      ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
        Sorry, I thought there was going to be more than this in there.

I didn't get a full look at part three before it went up.
        Yeah, I was a little let down too. Hopefully soon? Yeh?
        ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
          Yeah, I was a little let down too. Hopefully soon? Yeh?
          *sigh*
          I'll keep poking them. Yes, it should be very soon.

Comment

IK it takes time, and legalese and such are necessary, and that there is a lot on GR's plate right now. I was a little disappointed that the news was "there's gonna be news", but only because I am looking forward to the content program and am still very excited for it!
            ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Sorry, it should be coming really soon.

Comment

I know this -

Originally posted by robertsconley View Post
                When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.

The specific term that causes issues is the one that restricts the release of any DERIVATIVE products to the community content program for the duration of the copyright terms. I am find with only ever selling Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Age on the community content page. I am not fine with not being able to sell Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Swords & Wizardry or any other RPG system I want to release it for.

The same for the setting I sell like Blackmarsh. I will be glad to do a Fantasy Age version but not if it prevents me from selling other version made for different RPGs outside of the community content program.

I think the impact of these terms has greatly reduced the quantity and variety of product for Cypher, and Cortex community content program. The two programs that are the most similar to a Fantasy Age program. The Traveller Aid Society program likewise is a wasteland compared to the rival open content Cepheus system.

This term only makes sense if Green Ronin wants support for settings like Dragon Age and Blue Rose. Otherwise it will just drive off author who don't wish their original IP tied up with such restrictions.

I would like to develop material for Fantasy AGE but it has to be a two way street beyond the ability to commercially sell if the only thing being offered are the rules.
                - has been posted quite a while ago, but I just really need to second it. I have two scenarios ready for F-AGE in German (at least, they#re completely written), and I really want to translate them into English as soon as the CCP arrives, but I won't publish them through it if that means being unable to also adapt and sell these scenarios for Mythras, DungeonWorld and Swords&Wizardry.

Comment

Sorry, it should be coming really soon.
                  You should totally trademark "Soon". haha

Comment

So still no news on this idea?

None at all?

:'(

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on.

Comment

Oh no. That's worse than soon. So much worse than soon...
                        ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Originally posted by Kythkyn View Post
                          Oh no. That's worse than soon. So much worse than soon...
                          It really seems a little strange by now ... I mean, practically every new system out there comes with some kind of community/fan/open gaming licence out of the gate, and there's a stated interest for an AGE community licence ... so how hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
                            It really seems a little strange by now ... I mean, practically every new system out there comes with some kind of community/fan/open gaming licence out of the gate, and there's a stated interest for an AGE community licence ... so how hard can it be?
                            IDK. I trust they're doing their best. They may be waiting for some of the Modern AGE content to be available? Or, well, anything is conjecture at this point. But I am still hoping this is a thing and that it is sooner rather than later
                            ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
                              I imagine that if it was easy they would have it out by now. I would guess it is legal or permission complications more than anything else, or maybe something higher priority has come up.

It will come when it comes. In the meantime, I intend to prepare for it!
                              If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

I made and account here just to keep an eye on this thread. Hopefully the poking has gone better this month? Any idea on what's going on?

I would imagine they're waiting until the campaign setting aid is released before they'd start the program, yes?
                                Last edited by Nitorin; 04-30-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X