Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

AGE Community Content program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGE Community Content program?

Has there been any news on this at all?

I know they said something about it last year, but I still haven't seen anything come of it.

Cheers!
    ZENITH COMICS: BE HEROIC!
    Homepage Facebook Twitter Instagram DeviantArt YouTube

Re: AGE Community Content program?

Should be up and running very soon. Watch this space.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
      Should be up and running very soon. Watch this space.
      Soon is a very subjective time frame in publishing, any chance for a slight quantification on that?

Cheers!
      ZENITH COMICS: BE HEROIC!
      Homepage Facebook Twitter Instagram DeviantArt YouTube

Comment

Im super down for the program! I may have some things ready for it when it starts up!
        If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

Subscribing for future updates

Can't wait for this.

Comment

The AGE system badly needs this

Comment

Really hoping that the CC program includes material that will be in Modern AGE!
              Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Dustin & Dragons.com: A very uncreative name for my blog on my RPG-related creative projects.

Comment

Just noticed something while reading the description for Lazarus. That "The World of Lazarus requires the Modern AGE Basic Rulebook for use." As this is a departure from previous products, like Blue Rose, can we expect this for the Community Content program as well? Will we be able to explain game concepts, such as how stunts work, or will we have to refer to one source book or another?
                Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Dustin & Dragons.com: A very uncreative name for my blog on my RPG-related creative projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Otog View Post
                  Just noticed something while reading the description for Lazarus. That "The World of Lazarus requires the Modern AGE Basic Rulebook for use." As this is a departure from previous products, like Blue Rose, can we expect this for the Community Content program as well? Will we be able to explain game concepts, such as how stunts work, or will we have to refer to one source book or another?
                  The initial Community Content program will cover Fantasy AGE only. After we see how it goes we will likely add Modern AGE. Blue Rose is very unlikely to be added. Lazarus will not be added either, as it is a licensed property.

As far as explaining game concepts, I am not certain. I don't have the draft wording for the Community Content program in front of me.

Comment

Also, thank you for being patient. The program should be launching very soon.

Comment

The initial Community Content program will cover Fantasy AGE only. After we see how it goes we will likely add Modern AGE. Blue Rose is very unlikely to be added. Lazarus will not be added either, as it is a licensed property.

As far as explaining game concepts, I am not certain. I don't have the draft wording for the Community Content program in front of me.
                      When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.

The specific term that causes issues is the one that restricts the release of any DERIVATIVE products to the community content program for the duration of the copyright terms. I am find with only ever selling Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Age on the community content page. I am not fine with not being able to sell Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Swords & Wizardry or any other RPG system I want to release it for.

The same for the setting I sell like Blackmarsh. I will be glad to do a Fantasy Age version but not if it prevents me from selling other version made for different RPGs outside of the community content program.

I think the impact of these terms has greatly reduced the quantity and variety of product for Cypher, and Cortex community content program. The two programs that are the most similar to a Fantasy Age program. The Traveller Aid Society program likewise is a wasteland compared to the rival open content Cepheus system.

This term only makes sense if Green Ronin wants support for settings like Dragon Age and Blue Rose. Otherwise it will just drive off author who don't wish their original IP tied up with such restrictions.

I would like to develop material for Fantasy AGE but it has to be a two way street beyond the ability to commercially sell if the only thing being offered are the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by robertsconley View Post
                        When you do, please consider the effect of the terms on the original content like settings and adventures. If they are the same as the DM's Guild. You won't people like myself releasing products like my Majestic Wilderlands or Scourge of the Demon Wolf for Fantasy Age or Modern Age.
                        This!

I haven't released any material for DMsGuild because of the restrictions on original IP content.

I want to release material, I want to tap into that market, but if I am not allowed to produce my own setting material, it isn't a worthwhile venture for me.

Hopefully you guys will treat this more like Superlink and less like DMs Guild.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Sorry, I think there may have been a misunderstanding. To clarify, I brought up Blue Rose because, unlike it seems with Lazarus, in Blue Rose everything you need is right there in the book. You do not need the Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook for instance to find out what stunts are, how ability focuses work, etc.

As for keeping your campaign settings off limits, I would say that is very understandable. You want to control for quality and protect IP.
                          Last edited by Otog; 17th April 2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Also, thank you for being patient. The program should be launching very soon.
                            Very excited.

I do wish that the 'making your game available via other methods' is less restrictive than DMsGuild, most notably I think people should be able to offer copies as rewards for crowdfunding (requiring these rewards to be via your storefront only and to charge per copy would be fair from my point of view).

With regards to derivatives, I agree with the 'shouldn't restrict the content to one system' idea. While I'm unlikely to make use of it I think it could be a real boon.

I'm just wondering, is the plan still to focus it on Adventures/Settings for the initial part? That works for me, but I'm sure others have their Expanded Alchemy books in the wings just waiting for the chance to upload them. I still need to focus on learning to draw well enough that my settings and adventures aren't hard to read.

Comment

Any hint of a timeline on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X