Companion errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Companion errata

pp. 46-47, Steal Life: Fantasy AGE does not have any formal aging rules, which will require GMs to make their own ruling on the lifespan-extending use of this spell.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

p. 49, Figment: Is the area affected supposed to be 2(N)/4(J)/8(M) square yards (2, 4, or 8 squares, each square being 1 yd x 1 yd), or a square 2/4/8 yards on each side? The latter seems more in keeping with the intent--a mere 8 sq. yd. (2 yd x 4 yd) seems pretty small for a Master illusionist.

p. 49, Illusory Guise: "of roughly (+/-20%) of their size" should be "within roughly +/-20% of their original size". The last paragraph is even more awkward; try something like this: "At Journeyman degree, this spell can create disguises within roughly +/–50% of the subject’s original size. At Master degree, the spell may change the size by +/–75%, and it can also change how the subject sounds, as well as appears."

Comment

p. 61, Controlling: "horde or undead" should be "horde of undead".

p. 62, Supremacy: "Each time to either" should be "Each time it either".

p. 64, Cursed Artifacts: The second sentence contains a comma splice. Replace the first comma with a colon or semi-colon (or a period, and capitalize "they").

Comment

p. 105, New Adversaries & Other NPCs: The third paragraph explains a "+3" notation for focuses, but no NPCs in this section have any such notation.

p. 111, Infernal Sorcerer [stat block]: Under Talents, insert a comma after "Death Arcana (Journeyman)". It looks the Demon of Vengeance ability was moved out of alphabetical order during layout; the "below" reference might be confusing, as that ability is technically lower down on the page, but comes first in the text.

p. 112, Orc Warlord [stat block]: Under Warrior Abilities, "the orc" should be "The orc".

p. 114, Making Things Dangerous: There seems to be a missing word after "unless the GM and players are". (Or maybe "are" should be "agree"?)

p. 114-115, Option 1: Halving Health: "use armor" should be "using armor".

pp. 115-116, Wound Penalties: Insert a space after the sentence, "The Wound Penalties table shows the exact wound penalties based on health lost."

p.117, Complications: "But if the using the" should be "But if they are using the".

Comment

p. 93, NPC Relationships: Italicize "Fantasy AGE".

p. 96, Changing & Replacing Relationships: "that make makes sense" should be "that makes more sense".

Comment

pp. 99-100, Designing Adversaries: In the 2nd paragraph, "what how people" should be "how people".

p. 102, Incompetence: "so something wrong" should be "do something wrong".
              Last edited by timemrick; 03-23-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Page 22, Performance talent, Master level: "You may perform the With a Flourish exploration stunt while entertaining an audience for 3 SP instead of its usual cost of 5,[...]" The core handbook says usual cost for WaF is 4.

Page 46/47, Steal Life: Description doesn't actually give an amount of damage/healing on a successful cast (unless I'm interpreting it wrong and the spell drains until either the caster's health is full again or the until the victim dies, whichever comes first?).

Comment

Lightning Flash pg. 38 - ...or be blinded for rounds equal to your Lightning Arcana degree.

What the heck does this mean? How many rounds exactly is Novice or Journeyman anyway?

Comment

Page 23, Bard Talent, Master, last sentence of last paragraph: “... is left somewhat to Narrator interpretation, but should...”

Narrator should be Game Master or GM.

Comment

Page 41, Tree Form spell says:
                      “... see Chapter 9 of the Fantasy AGE Basic Mulebook; use the Maul attack to represent blows from the tree’s branches...”

Mulebook should’ve been Rulebook

Page 51, Spell Ward spell says:
                      "... Your power protects another from the the magical effects of a certain arcana."

There should only be one "the".
                      Last edited by gabeprime; 05-18-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Using the comments here, I have compiled an errata page for the Fantasy AGE Companion at my (unofficial) Errata Archive. That errata page will omits any changes that were made in the first printing in response to feedback here, as I believe the PDF should be updated to match. (There is also new commentary there by me that I haven't posted here, because I still had a couple chapters to finish when I received my print copy.)

I'll check and add gabeprime's most recent comments (5/17 and 5/18) when I have time. And if you find more issues with the book, please keep posting them here, and I will do my best to add them to my archive in a timely manner.

Comment

Page 59, Rank 1 Recruit example:

“... Children of the Sister, an religiously oriented ...”

“An” should be “a”.

Page 106, under the Assassin stat block:

“... concocting some wild story to complex the heroes to ask them.”

“Complex” should be “compel”.
                          Last edited by gabeprime; 05-26-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

On page 7 of the FAC, in the Beastfolk Species Table, one of the options for an Ungulate (deer, goat, pig) is the Strength (Athletics) focus. This focus does not seem to appear on any list of focuses I can find anywhere else. I posted about this in a separate thread, and while there weren't many responses, it seems that this is likely an error.

Comment

Originally posted by Glooskabe View Post
                              On page 7 of the FAC, in the Beastfolk Species Table, one of the options for an Ungulate (deer, goat, pig) is the Strength (Athletics) focus. This focus does not seem to appear on any list of focuses I can find anywhere else. I posted about this in a separate thread, and while there weren't many responses, it seems that this is likely an error.
                              It certainly is. I would replace it with Strength (Jumping), at least for anyone deer-like. Dexterity (Acrobatics) seems another possible replacement, but does not fit with Ungulate.

Comment

Working...
                              X