Companion errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companion errata

It might be helpful to open a thread devoted to typos or other errors found in the FAC:

p. 34 under the Unveil spell: reveals casts aside magic that ... (the word "reveals" should probably be removed)

p. 3 under Chapter 1 Races and Backgrounds: The Blooded, belong divine or demonic lineages, the dragonlike
    Draak and the mechanical Orean. (It probably should read "belonging to divine or demonic lineages" or "who belong to ...")

Re: Companion errata

Page 9, Draak description
    They are typically confidant
    should say confident.

Page 21, Firearms Style description
    Whether throw extensive training or native skill
    should say through.

Page 26, header
    I do not kill with my gun …
    This closes with quotation marks, but doesn't open with any.

Comment

In the Novice degree of the Gangster specialization, it claims that "You can perform the Taunt or Threaten stunts for 1 SP instead of their usual cost of 2 SP." It may be good to look at this again and specify if it means you have to pick one to discount, or if both are discounted.

At the beginning of the "Word of Caution" sidebar on page 21, the word "specializations" is spelled "tpecializations" in the first sentence.

In the Journeyman degree of the Razor specialization, the talent gives a discount on the "Dual Attack" stunt. I think it's fairly obvious which stunt is implied, but it may be best if it changed to "Dual Strike."

The Master degree of the Slayer specialization claims that you may "Treat a combat style (One-Handed, Dual-Weapon, etc.) as if it were one degree higher when fighting the category of creature you have chosen to slay." Does this mean ANY combat styles you have or that you only pick one? Do you select it when you take the degree in the talent, or whenever you start fighting your chosen targets? This phrasing could use some refining.

On page 32, under the header Swapping Spells, the first sentence reads: "...swapping out an existing spell for a arcana for an equal or lesser degree spell available to that talent. Should it read "an arcana?"

In the Air Bubble spells on page 33, the final sentence refers to the spell as "air bnubble." This is hilarious, but probably an error.

The Quagmire, Shape Earth, and Earth Passage spells use feet instead of yards to calculate distance and volume. This may end up a tad confusing with most measurements in Fantasy AGE being in yards.

I would personally recommend renaming the spell "Remove Disability" to something more generic like "Revitalize" or "Rebuild Body." The current name of the spell could be misconstrued or taken poorly.

In the Curse of the Beast spell on page 43, the first sentence of the second paragraph reads: "Choose a target within 6 yards of you, who must immediate roll a Willpower (Self-Discimpline) test against your Spellpower." The bolded word should probably read immediately

On page 54, under the Non-Mages and MAgic Points header, the second sentence reads: "Each additional degree the character gains in a magic talent increases the character's MP by (Willpower +1d6). The parentheses are probably not needed.

On page 85, under the header for Chase Tests, the last paragraph's second sentence reads: "Rocky slows rider, but not the dragon pursuing them." I assume this is referring to "rocks" and not Rocky VII: Dragon-Feeder.

In the table "Structural Test Damage Modifiers" on page 89, the first four modifiers seem to be backwards. It lists that the TN goes down if the creature is smaller than the structure, and the TN goes up if they are larger than it. The plus and minus signs probably just need switching.

On page 100, under the New Focus header, the third sentence spells "driver" as "drover".

On page 114, the last sentence of the first paragraph under the the Making Things More Dangerous header reads: "For a truly deadly game, all of these options may be employed, but it is not recommended unless the GM and players are and wish a high degree of lethality in their Fantasy AGE games." The part of the sentence "unless the GM and players are and wish a" should likely read something like "unless the GM and players wish a".

On page 114 to 115, the second sentence in the paragraph under the Option 1: Halving Health reads: "It's easy and results in fights that are roughly twice as fast and deadly, though use armor and healing can greatly affect how just how fast and deadly the average battle becomes with this option." Removing the word "use" may help this sentence.
      Last edited by Kot the Protector; 03-02-2018, 04:18 PM.
      If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

On page 112, I think the left image for Orc Warlord is not placed correctly. Itís like it had been accidentally dragged halfway off to the lower left of the page.

Comment

The proofreader is actually working now, but we wanted to get this out to everyone. We appreciate your input!
          Bit Wrangler, Chief Banhammerer
          Green Ronin Publishing, LLC

https://greenronin.com/
          https://greenroninstore.com/
          https://roninarmy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gabeprime View Post
            On page 112, I think the left image for Orc Warlord is not placed correctly. Itís like it had been accidentally dragged halfway off to the lower left of the page.
            The image on 112 looks fine to me. Looks like its just a filler image, its not supposed to be an image of an Orc Warlord.

Comment

People for whom the left-column image on p. 112 looks weird, what PDF viewing software are you using on what kind of device, please?

Comment

Originally posted by SassyRonin View Post
                People for whom the left-column image on p. 112 looks weird, what PDF viewing software are you using on what kind of device, please?
                Here’s some background in case it matters. I got the PDF (not preorder) at the green ronin store. Then when I was given the option to choose between downloading the PDF or have it save to Dropbox, I chose Dropbox. Then I downloaded it to both my iPhone and iPad. I use software Readdle Documents to look at PDF. And the page in question looks like this:

I hope that helps.

Also, when the PDF does get fixed, can I redownload the PDF again from the store with the updates like I do with DriveThruRPG?
                Last edited by gabeprime; 03-02-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabeprime View Post
                  Also, when the PDF does get fixed, can I redownload the PDF again from the store with the updates like I do with DriveThruRPG?
                  Perfect, thanks! Readdle probably uses the same technology as Apple Preview and Safari, which display the same problem. A lot of Mac / iOS apps seem to do it the same way. It looks normal in other software. We've got Marc taking a look at what he can do to fix it for Apple-using people.

Yes, downloads in our Green Ronin Online Store are persistent. Any new PDF associated with that product will become the one that downloads when you click the same link you used to get this PDF. We send out a message to purchasers when we release an updated version of a PDF.
                  Last edited by SassyRonin; 03-02-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SassyRonin View Post
                    Perfect, thanks! Readdle probably uses the same technology as Apple Preview and Safari, which display the same problem. A lot of Mac / iOS apps seem to do it the same way. It looks normal in other software. We've got Marc taking a look at what he can do to fix it for Apple-using people.

Yes, downloads in our Green Ronin Online Store are persistent. Any new PDF associated with that product will become the one that downloads when you click the same link you used to get this PDF. We send out a message to purchasers when we release an updated version of a PDF.
                    Thanks and thanks! You guys do awesome work.

Comment

I haven't really dug into the PDF yet! I just scrolled through the first few pages to enjoy the color scheme. I did, though, notice two things in that scroll:

1) Dylan's last name needs to be fixed from "tyemplar". PDF page 2.

2) PDF page 4, under "Drowning in the Kitchen Sink", the first word should be "it's" instead of "its".

Can't wait to actually get into the book and soak up all the new stuff!

Comment

Just started it, but found one error in the Table of Contents (p. 1): "Basic Npcs" (p. 100) should be "Basic NPCs".
                        Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
                        Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
                        Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
                        Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
                        Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

p. 7, Beast Folk Species [table]: Under Ungulate, remove the space between "(" and "deer".

Originally posted by AltheaFarseer View Post
                          Page 21, Firearms Style description

should say through.
                          Also, there is an extra period at the end of the Novice paragraph.
                          Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
                          Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
                          Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
                          Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
                          Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

• pg 106 - could use a comma in the list of talents for the "Cultist"
                            [URL="http://herdingdice.tumblr.com/"]Herding Dice[/URL] - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.

Comment

I'm not sure if it is really an error, but I think that the Novice level of "Firearms Style" (p. 21) is in some way redundant with the level 5 class power "take aim" of the rogue (core rule book, p. 23).

That seems to be a contradiction to the "avoid redundancy" advice on p. 20. Is this intended, or do I miss a certain point here?
                              I think, the rule text would benefit from a little bit of clarification.

By the way: Great work with the companion.

Comment

Working...
                              X