Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Converted!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Am Converted!

    A friend recommended Fantasy AGE to me, and I have to say I was hesitant at first. I had read Dragon Age and found it... I dunno.

    I spent all last night at work reading the Fantasy AGE rulebook (thank you rpgnow) and I have to say I love it!

    I am going to convert my home campaign over to it, just need to work out a way to do a class that I had in Pathfinder for it.

    A quick question, is there a conversion guide for porting DA to FAGE? There are some really interesting concepts I would like to bring over, not the least of which is Blood Magic.

    Cheers!

    P.S. Got a friend at GenCon this week, she is going to see about getting me the GM's Kit, the Bestiary (if available), and a HC core rules. I would order the, but shipping to Canada is BRUTAL!
    ZENITH COMICS: BE HEROIC!
    Homepage Facebook Twitter Instagram DeviantArt YouTube

  • #2
    Re: I Am Converted!

    Then hello and welcome to the fold!

    As you might realize soon, the more vocal members (including myself) are quite heavy on the modding of FAGE.

    There are A LOT of homebrew modifications, setting conversions, and what not.

    Shameless self-advertisement:

    If you like more freedom in character design, take a look at the Free-Form rules in my signature.

    Have fun and happy gaming!
    Fantasy AGE Homebrew Wiki: Take me to the wiki!

    Free-Form Fantasy AGE System: Essentials - Version 2.5

    DracoDruid's Fantasy AGE: The Thread | Version 2.4

    Fantasy AGE - Revised Alchemy Rules: The Thread | Version 2.0

    Free-Form Dragon Age System: The Thread | Essentials

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I Am Converted!

      I think Blood Mage will be problematic. Iirc, Blood Wound would be one of the few action deniers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I Am Converted!

        You can find some converted material on one wiki, i believe it's the one on my sig (see AGE of Homebrew).

        Also, welcome aboard. Back then I converted my setting to a generic version of DA (main reason I don't use fighting and accuracy) and never went back as well.
        DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
        AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
        AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

        Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I Am Converted!

          Originally posted by DracoDruid View Post
          Then hello and welcome to the fold!

          As you might realize soon, the more vocal members (including myself) are quite heavy on the modding of FAGE.

          There are A LOT of homebrew modifications, setting conversions, and what not.

          Shameless self-advertisement:

          If you like more freedom in character design, take a look at the Free-Form rules in my signature.

          Have fun and happy gaming!
          Thanks for the welcome and I am sure we will speak a lot since I have a LOT of questions.

          Would you guys be willing to help me adapt a Pathfinder Beginner Box class I made for my campaign world to either be a Talent/Specialization for FAGE or even a whole Class?

          Originally posted by shonuff View Post
          I think Blood Mage will be problematic. Iirc, Blood Wound would be one of the few action deniers.
          See the world "problematic" just makes me want to explore it more.

          Now could you expand on your thoughts as to why it would be a problem please?

          Originally posted by DiBastet View Post
          You can find some converted material on one wiki, i believe it's the one on my sig (see AGE of Homebrew).

          Also, welcome aboard. Back then I converted my setting to a generic version of DA (main reason I don't use fighting and accuracy) and never went back as well.
          Nice stuff!

          I use this site a lot and am quite impressed.

          Without Fighting and Accuracy? Explain more please?
          ZENITH COMICS: BE HEROIC!
          Homepage Facebook Twitter Instagram DeviantArt YouTube

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I Am Converted!

            Originally posted by ZenithComics View Post
            Without Fighting and Accuracy? Explain more please?
            Weapon groups are Strength or Dexterity focuses in DAGE.
            DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
            AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
            AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

            Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I Am Converted!

              Does using DAGE style upset the system at all?
              ZENITH COMICS: BE HEROIC!
              Homepage Facebook Twitter Instagram DeviantArt YouTube

              Comment

              Working...
              X