Other AGE settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other AGE settings?

Hi there. I really like the Fantasy Age Basic book. I am looking forward to playing it soon. Does anybody know if Green Ronin have plans to expand the system into other genres...such as a 'Space Age', 'Super Age', 'Horror Age' or maybe 'Pulp Age' books? I think that would be great.

Re: Other AGE settings?

Well from my own experience in running a sci-fi with the fundemental of AGE, the mechanics can be made to work with other genres.

Comment

There's nothing inherently limiting about the mechanics, although they don't really have the right feel for horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Revturkey View Post
        Hi there. I really like the Fantasy Age Basic book. I am looking forward to playing it soon. Does anybody know if Green Ronin have plans to expand the system into other genres...such as a 'Space Age', 'Super Age', 'Horror Age' or maybe 'Pulp Age' books? I think that would be great.
        I can't say anything more right now except...Yes, yes we do.

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

I'd really be curious for a Space SciFi version of AGE - while it probably wouldn't lend itself well to hard SF, I could definitely see it working with something along the lines of the Saga comics by Brian Vaughn and Fiona Staples (well, that would actually be pretty close to Titansgrave, but in space ...), or with more classic space opera. Stunts for spaceship combat, maybe also a stunt system that adresses the genre problem that many Sci-Fi-weapons should be instant kill/instant stun weapons ... stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
              I can't say anything more right now except...Yes, yes we do.
              Would a Superhero Age game look something like this?
              Star Wars: AGE of the Empire: An ever-expanding adaption of the Star Wars universe utilizing the AGE ruleset and compatible with the Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook.

Expanded Classes Playtest: Adding the Bard, Swashbuckler, and Templar classes. As well as introducing archetypes that gives players different options from the start of play.

Dustin & Dragons.com: A very uncreative name for my blog on my RPG-related creative projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Otog View Post
                Would a Superhero Age game look something like this?
                Possibly. I know Steve has thought about it more than me (which is odd, given my love of supers), but I'm focused on some other genres at the moment.

Though if it were totally up to me, we'd probably do super-spies and secret agents next. (EspionAGE).

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                  Possibly. I know Steve has thought about it more than me (which is odd, given my love of supers), but I'm focused on some other genres at the moment.

Though if it were totally up to me, we'd probably do super-spies and secret agents next. (EspionAGE).
                  Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
                  DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
                  [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X