Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly a year since the Gencon release, any licensing news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nearly a year since the Gencon release, any licensing news?

Originally posted by Blue Nova View Post
    Do we have any update on the TitiansGrave setting book or is that still a long ways off?
    Currently being worked on. Joe Carriker is developing that so I'm not sure where that is exactly, but my parts of it are written I know.

Comment

HP/AR bloat is always a potential issue. Combats that devolve into nickel and diming a boss monster/NPC to death can be a drag.
      This die is defective. It has twenty sides!

Comment

Originally posted by bighara View Post
        HP/AR bloat is always a potential issue. Combats that devolve into nickel and diming a boss monster/NPC to death can be a drag.
        Our group has yet to make such an experience. Instead we found that high Health and stunts combine to make non-lethal combat solutions more feasible. And even when an antagonist gets beat down to 0 Health, there never was any "drag" - the players are far too busy sorting out their stunts and spells und generally optimizing their approach.

Comment

Well if they ever decide to do third party licensing, I have a classic science fiction variant of AGE I been using to release. My setting, the Majestic Stars, has a similar feel to 2300AD, the Expanse, etc. I will post more in another thread.

I hope they go with a dual OGL/Community Content program like D&D 5e. The Community Content program on RPGNow are nice but very hostile to releasing anything for an original setting. Plus OGL make it easier for my own project as I repurpose material from the Traveller SRD, Traveller20 SRD, and d20 Modern. I found that range of bonuses for a lot of the d20 Modern stuff works well with AGE rules so been porting over some of the science fiction for my own use. For example cybernetics.

The tradeoff would be the community content program would the official third party program with use of the trademark, closed IP, etc. The OGL program you go at it alone on the marketing but you get the use of the rules for project that are more divergent than what you would want for anything under the official trademark.
          Last edited by robertsconley; 14th July 2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
            Currently being worked on. Joe Carriker is developing that so I'm not sure where that is exactly, but my parts of it are written I know.
            Thanks for the info. Its not much but its atleast something lol.
            I hope to get my hands on the book when it comes out as I want to use the setting in D&D 5e to run like a one shot or something like that.
            I hope we get more information on contents and when it will be released soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
              Our group has yet to make such an experience. Instead we found that high Health and stunts combine to make non-lethal combat solutions more feasible. And even when an antagonist gets beat down to 0 Health, there never was any "drag" - the players are far too busy sorting out their stunts and spells und generally optimizing their approach.
              Its always a mirror for the observer; hit point expansion gives a lot of room for pace-of-decision (i.e. you don't find yourself going from okay to in deep trouble too quickly, so you can be comfortable with managing the combat) but that same virtue can be a flaw to others who feel it not only can take a long time (which it can) but destroys the feeling of danger. If longish, hit point attrition combats were that much of a problem, D&D would never have been a model so frequently followed, though, but not everyone is on board that approach.

Comment

Working...
              X