Free form Stunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free form Stunts

Having run Fantasy AGE now for a couple of sessions, I have to say my least favourite thing is the stunt system. Every time someone has to look up the list of possible results, the fourth wall is broken and the narrative flow is broken. It would be great if players could create their own stunts and the stunts themselves would be more intuitive and easier to create on the fly. I am toying with a simplified system breaking down stunts into minor or major effects. If you roll a 1-3 on your stunt die, you get a minor effect. If you roll a 4 or 5 you get a major effect or two minor effects. If you roll a 6, you get a minor effect and a major effect.
    Last edited by Phantomdoodler; 10th July 2016, 02:29 AM.

Re: Free form Stunts

What I do, depending on the situation... If there is a stunt that seems plausible and doable, I just let them do it, for example, I think, lethal blow on a 2d6. If not, I just let them invent something, in accordance to the number of sp.

Like last time, we were playing titansgrave and I got six stunt points. I divided them thus:

- My bandit (who I've rolled the 6 sp for) gave the half-saurian half-halfling rogue a good beating: lethal blow. Then, I used the last sp for "skirmish", but narratively said he pushed the halfling to another bandit, who was then in CC with him. Imagine that: a miniature saurian (that's what he looks like, even though he is technically a halfling, because he's got fur on his feet), receiving the beating of his life and THEN gets thrown around like a rag doll. Seems just, after what he said about the bandit's sister (which was actually his dog he did nasty things with, the whitehawk bandits in my setting were redneck hillbillies), and we all had fun, not in the least the guy playing the saurian: he was torn between being shocked at the loss of more than ten hitpoints (I rolled very well) and not pissing himself out of laughter.
    Last edited by BelgianBeerBaron82; 10th July 2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Stunts aren't that complicated. You develop our own list of favored stunts as time goes by.

Comment

take a cue from the monster stats...have your players write down their favorite stunts on the character sheet so they can see them and use them...

Comment

Working...
        X