Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-AGE spells as Arcana

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
    But do you use the F-AGE rules (meaning, Magic Focusses belong to Intelligence, Spell Power and Magic Points to Willpower), or do you use Magic as a tenth ability?
    I'm playing a modified D-AGE, with TNs and Spellpower being MAG, but MP being WIL. I see no issue with using F-AGE's INT/WIL break-up.

Are there going to be problems, if you use F-AGE rules with D-AGE spells and substitute Intelligence for Magic concerning casting roles and Ability Focus acquisition?
    if you switch them? No. There are a few resists that are MAG, but I'd just change them to INT. The system is based on D-AGE stats, but not its lore (Fade, lyrium, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by dcoughler View Post
      Here's the link to the list I've created:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
      I think you had a good start, although I got a 404 for this link, but some of your placement I thought was off - especially Telekinetic Weapons. It's too early for the significant power boost.

Comment

Another question for the cross-use of DA spells with FA rules:

Do you use the magical talents/specializations from DA (Spirit Healer, Shapechanger, Necromant and so on) in FA? How does that work alongside the Arcana based spell progression?

Do you use the DA Mage as replacement for the FA Mage in order to handle the acquisition of school based individual spells? If so, how do you handle the DA Mage getting a Specialization only at 6th level, while the FA Rogue und FA Warrior get theirs at 4th level?

Comment

Originally posted by rulandor View Post
          Another question for the cross-use of DA spells with FA rules:

Do you use the magical talents/specializations from DA (Spirit Healer, Shapechanger, Necromant and so on) in FA? How does that work alongside the Arcana based spell progression?
          I'm running D-AGE, so I'm using the D-AGE specializations and talents, but I wanted the F-AGE spells. So what I did is folded the F-AGE spells into D-AGE. Instead of making new spell chains for the additional spells, I just said the level of Arcana required the existing level of the talent - so a novice Air arcana spell requires a novice level of the Primal talent.

Using both F-AGE's arcana and D-AGE's talents don't work. They're redundant. The arcana system works with limited spells in specific groupings. The D-AGE talent system works with a wide range of spells in broad groupings. Arcana is a simpler method, and of more use to GMs and novice players - but I imagine more experienced players will greatly prefer more customization in spell selection.

Do you use the DA Mage as replacement for the FA Mage in order to handle the acquisition of school based individual spells? If so, how do you handle the DA Mage getting a Specialization only at 6th level, while the FA Rogue und FA Warrior get theirs at 4th level?
          I would use D-AGE progression for spells/talents, and F-AGE progression for specializations. I would either use D-AGE's spell chains or get a flow chart with D-AGE spell progression. As the spells are typically in 4 spell chains, I would say the first tier of spells were available to all Mages, the second tier would require novice level in the school talent, third journeyman, and fourth master. I'm using the former method, but I would have used the latter if we hadn't been playing since the release of D-AGE Set 2.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post

I would use D-AGE progression for spells/talents, and F-AGE progression for specializations. I would either use D-AGE's spell chains or get a flow chart with D-AGE spell progression. As the spells are typically in 4 spell chains, I would say the first tier of spells were available to all Mages, the second tier would require novice level in the school talent, third journeyman, and fourth master. I'm using the former method, but I would have used the latter if we hadn't been playing since the release of D-AGE Set 2.
            Sounds good, although if you use the F-AGE Spezialisation progression, some levels are chock full of new goodies, and other levels are rather empty. The Rogue, e. g., gets nothing on level 8 after pulling Journeyman level auf specialization to Level 6 - well, except Ability advancement and Health points.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. Pre-FAGE, I bumped up specializations to 5,7,9,11,13,15 - just to get them in sooner. I wouldn't have been averse to 4,6,8,10,12,14 - they don't do that much to the power level, but they are character defining. I also give a talent at every level - it eases the tax aspect of certain talents IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X