Fighting Styles vs. Weapon Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting Styles vs. Weapon Groups

What about - Untrained: Cannot generate stunt points, Cannot add str/perc as damage modifier
    [URL="http://herdingdice.tumblr.com/"]Herding Dice[/URL] - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlthree View Post
      What about - Untrained: Cannot generate stunt points, Cannot add str/perc as damage modifier
      I dunno... not generating stunts just feels wrong. Not that it doesn't make sense; yeah I can imagine, say, my wife in the photo wielding a harhammer not being able to pull stunts... but... I came to this system for the stunts in the first place. Not stunting feels unholy.

The attribute modifier doesn't make much sense. I can wrap my head around the idea that someone untrained fights worse than the basic begginer. But the idea that if both were untrained in the use of the above mentioned warhammer, a guy with the bodytype of the typical superhero wouldn't hit harder with it than my wife... feels pretty weird.
      Last edited by DiBastet; 29th March 2016, 06:53 PM.
      DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
      AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
      AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlthree View Post
        I can see getting half Stunt Points, as you would lack the skill/experience to take full advantage of the opportunities granted by Stunting.

As for damage, the Core Rules already state that you do half damage (rounded down) when using any weapon that you are not trained in. I see no reason to further penalize a character beyond that.

Comment

Working...
        X