Two Handed Talent x Polearm Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Handed Talent x Polearm Talent

Since all polearms are two-handed weapons, I thought it would be an overpowered option to allow both talents do work at the sime time. In my games, if the player has polearms and two-handed talents, I allow him to choose what fighting style he is using.

For example: When using a halberd, you can choose between using the "pointy side" (as a spear or polearm) or you can use the "slashing side" (as an axe or two-handed weapon).

What do you guys think about it?

Re: Two Handed Talent x Polearm Talent

That's how it's handled in D-AGE.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
      That's how it's handled in D-AGE.
      Really? I've never seen it. Where is that stated? Do you remember?

Comment

Hmmm... I thought it was in the set 3. It could have been a post, or maybe just common consensus. Personally, I wouldn't mind it, as pole weapons are a little weak.

Comment

When mixing talents, what I'm usually concerned with are numerical bonuses. I don't allow them to stack, so the PC only benefits from the highest bonus, not from the sum of the bonuses. To clarify this with my players, I label numerical bonuses from talents as "talent bonus" (e.g. "you get a +1 talent bonus to attack rolls") so that my players know not to stack them.

That said, if the numerical bonuses are on two different aspects (e.g. a +1 talent bonus to attack, and a +2 talent bonus to damage), I let it pass because they're not really stacking together.

As for other benefits (e.g. being able to do this, and do that), I allow them to trigger at the same time (if they're passive).

Comment

Working...
          X