X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DracoDruid
    replied
    Re: Weapon focus rules question

Don't be sad, we are both several years late for this joke.

Leave a comment:

• DiBastet
    replied

Originally posted by DracoDruid View Post
    tststs... never skip leg day!
    This... This is unacceptable: I'm 4 hours late for the joke.

Leave a comment:

• DracoDruid
    replied

tststs... never skip leg day!

Leave a comment:

• ohbejuan
    replied

This was super helpful. I was generating some demo 1st level and skipped the advancement section. It all makes sense now.

Leave a comment:

• mdlthree
    replied

In general a character can gain a weapon focus in the normal fashion on even levels where you are able to pick a focus and ability point in the primary categories. For a warrior at level 2, you can pick Fighting (Axes) as your focus instead of something else like Constitution (Drinking)

Weapon groups in general are static at level 1 where you pick your limited number of them. However some races (Elves, Dwarf, Orc) provide a potential for an additional weapon group. To compensate for overlaps with class choice, if you roll the weapon group on the race benefits table you are allowed to count it as a focus. This exception does not happen for example where you intend to create a dwarf rogue and get the axes weapon group. Rogues do not have axes in their starting weapons list. The racial benefit weapon group also allows you to choose an extra weapon group if you happen to not choose it in the class options.

TLDR;
    • Any weapon focus (provided you have the weapon group) can be chosen at even levels due to fighting/accuracy being primary abilities (see page 26 FAGE Core Rule Book)
    • Races and Classes with overlapping weapon groups are Elf Rogue (bows), Dwarf Warrior (axes), Orc Warrior (bludgeons). When this happens the racial benefit becomes a focus instead of a weapon group due to also choosing the weapon group at the class level.

Leave a comment:

• ohbejuan
    started a topic Weapon focus rules question

Weapon focus rules question

Ok this is bugging me. I cannot find the place in the rulebook (Fantasy AGE) where characters explicitly get weapon focuses. If I create a warrior with the Axes group, does that automatically give them the Axes focus for a plus 2 bonus? Or do they select the focus separately? Does getting the group merely avoid the penalty? and if so how do I determine how many focuses they get?
    I had made the assumption that the weapon group gives you the focus. I was generating an Elven Rogue, and saw that one of the race options was Focus: Bows. That made me unsure. Please advise. Thanks!
Working...
X