X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacynSnow
    replied
    Re: building an urban setting - Corrum

As a player,I perfered The Shackled City Adventure Path(I could RP Knuckles better in it,due to him being a "City Kid").But as GM,I liked how Age Of Worms was structured&Timelined(The Arena gave my Players Fit's!...).

In fact,I'm trying to get ahold of The Shackled City Book so I can use the City itself as a Location for an upcoming Gampaign,so if anyone has it&is willing to let me download it for free....

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

Ah yes - excellent work from Paizo back in the wild and heady days of Dragon and Dungeon magazine!

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Mask
    replied

My favorite city was Sasserine from the 3.5 Adventure Path Savage Tide.

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

Good thank you- currently looking into the elements of what makes a city interesting as a setting for Fantasy games

https://diceandcoffee.wordpress.com/...um-part-three/

Leave a comment:

• MacynSnow
    replied

Thank you!so,how's the City Build coming along?

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

Originally posted by MacynSnow View Post
    Wierd Idea i recently had:Lately,I've been running my game group (GREED ENTERPRISES,AKA:GREED-E)through a Fantasy Age Game&I needed a Large Dwarven Kingdom to have them go to and i though 'why don't i use Undermountain?Just get rid of the Monsters&it's perfect!'....It's actually been working good so far.
    Sounds like an awesome idea.

Leave a comment:

• MacynSnow
    replied

Originally posted by Gentleman rogue View Post
    Undermountain looks interesting (in have the Expedition to Undermountain 3.5 book) but there's so much dungeon down there!
    Wierd Idea i recently had:Lately,I've been running my game group (GREED ENTERPRISES,AKA:GREED-E)through a Fantasy Age Game&I needed a Large Dwarven Kingdom to have them go to and i though 'why don't i use Undermountain?Just get rid of the Monsters&it's perfect!'....It's actually been working good so far.

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

that WAS a touch much,in my opinion.i could kind of understand it for The Undermountain supplements(there's ALOT of level's in that Beast...),but not for the city proper.I had a long running D&D PC from waterdeep,in fact(Knuckles Shardcarver,Gladiator by trade&adventurer by happenstance) that used to hang around the City Dump.....
    Undermountain looks interesting (in have the Expedition to Undermountain 3.5 book) but there's so much dungeon down there!

Leave a comment:

• MacynSnow
    replied

Originally posted by Gentleman rogue View Post
    Thank you! For 3e I thought Monte Cooks Ptolus was pretty good. I also liked City of Splendors for forgotten Realms but didn't quite like the overly extensive list of every building on the map.
    that WAS a touch much,in my opinion.i could kind of understand it for The Undermountain supplements(there's ALOT of level's in that Beast...),but not for the city proper.I had a long running D&D PC from waterdeep,in fact(Knuckles Shardcarver,Gladiator by trade&adventurer by happenstance) that used to hang around the City Dump.....

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

As both a long-time player&GM(I started when i was 13&I'm 40 now,so you do the math),i tend to use city Intel from Published Adventures as the Basis for my "original" Cities(I've used the Small City in The Speaker In Dreams D&D3e about 8 times now under Totally different Names&locations....).
    So far,so good though by my opinion....
    Thank you! For 3e I thought Monte Cooks Ptolus was pretty good. I also liked City of Splendors for forgotten Realms but didn't quite like the overly extensive list of every building on the map.

Leave a comment:

• MacynSnow
    replied

As both a long-time player&GM(I started when i was 13&I'm 40 now,so you do the math),i tend to use city Intel from Published Adventures as the Basis for my "original" Cities(I've used the Small City in The Speaker In Dreams D&D3e about 8 times now under Totally different Names&locations....).
    So far,so good though by my opinion....

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    replied

Originally posted by DiBastet View Post
    What, no Dishonored's dunwall among the inspirations?
    Alas I only played the game briefly- it was certainly interesting

Leave a comment:

• DiBastet
    replied

What, no Dishonored's dunwall among the inspirations?

Leave a comment:

• Gentleman rogue
    started a topic building an urban setting - Corrum

building an urban setting - Corrum

I've been going through the process of building an urban setting called Corrum for Fantasy Age using my amateur blog to air my thoughts.

Thought I'd share what I have so far here: https://diceandcoffee.wordpress.com/...rrum-part-one/

Comments and criticism is always welcome!
Working...
X