building an urban setting - Corrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building an urban setting - Corrum

I've been going through the process of building an urban setting called Corrum for Fantasy Age using my amateur blog to air my thoughts.

Thought I'd share what I have so far here: https://diceandcoffee.wordpress.com/...rrum-part-one/

Comments and criticism is always welcome!

Re: building an urban setting - Corrum

What, no Dishonored's dunwall among the inspirations?
    DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
    AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
    AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

Comment

Originally posted by DiBastet View Post
      What, no Dishonored's dunwall among the inspirations?
      Alas I only played the game briefly- it was certainly interesting

Comment

As both a long-time player&GM(I started when i was 13&I'm 40 now,so you do the math),i tend to use city Intel from Published Adventures as the Basis for my "original" Cities(I've used the Small City in The Speaker In Dreams D&D3e about 8 times now under Totally different Names&locations....).
        So far,so good though by my opinion....
        Originally posted by Bladewind
        Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by MacynSnow View Post
          As both a long-time player&GM(I started when i was 13&I'm 40 now,so you do the math),i tend to use city Intel from Published Adventures as the Basis for my "original" Cities(I've used the Small City in The Speaker In Dreams D&D3e about 8 times now under Totally different Names&locations....).
          So far,so good though by my opinion....
          Thank you! For 3e I thought Monte Cooks Ptolus was pretty good. I also liked City of Splendors for forgotten Realms but didn't quite like the overly extensive list of every building on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentleman rogue View Post
            Thank you! For 3e I thought Monte Cooks Ptolus was pretty good. I also liked City of Splendors for forgotten Realms but didn't quite like the overly extensive list of every building on the map.
            that WAS a touch much,in my opinion.i could kind of understand it for The Undermountain supplements(there's ALOT of level's in that Beast...),but not for the city proper.I had a long running D&D PC from waterdeep,in fact(Knuckles Shardcarver,Gladiator by trade&adventurer by happenstance) that used to hang around the City Dump.....

Comment

that WAS a touch much,in my opinion.i could kind of understand it for The Undermountain supplements(there's ALOT of level's in that Beast...),but not for the city proper.I had a long running D&D PC from waterdeep,in fact(Knuckles Shardcarver,Gladiator by trade&adventurer by happenstance) that used to hang around the City Dump.....
              Undermountain looks interesting (in have the Expedition to Undermountain 3.5 book) but there's so much dungeon down there!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentleman rogue View Post
                Undermountain looks interesting (in have the Expedition to Undermountain 3.5 book) but there's so much dungeon down there!
                Wierd Idea i recently had:Lately,I've been running my game group (GREED ENTERPRISES,AKA:GREED-E)through a Fantasy Age Game&I needed a Large Dwarven Kingdom to have them go to and i though 'why don't i use Undermountain?Just get rid of the Monsters&it's perfect!'....It's actually been working good so far.

Comment

Wierd Idea i recently had:Lately,I've been running my game group (GREED ENTERPRISES,AKA:GREED-E)through a Fantasy Age Game&I needed a Large Dwarven Kingdom to have them go to and i though 'why don't i use Undermountain?Just get rid of the Monsters&it's perfect!'....It's actually been working good so far.
                  Sounds like an awesome idea.

Comment

Thank you!so,how's the City Build coming along?

Comment

Good thank you- currently looking into the elements of what makes a city interesting as a setting for Fantasy games

https://diceandcoffee.wordpress.com/...um-part-three/

Comment

My favorite city was Sasserine from the 3.5 Adventure Path Savage Tide.

Comment

Ah yes - excellent work from Paizo back in the wild and heady days of Dragon and Dungeon magazine!

Comment

As a player,I perfered The Shackled City Adventure Path(I could RP Knuckles better in it,due to him being a "City Kid").But as GM,I liked how Age Of Worms was structured&Timelined(The Arena gave my Players Fit's!...).

In fact,I'm trying to get ahold of The Shackled City Book so I can use the City itself as a Location for an upcoming Gampaign,so if anyone has it&is willing to let me download it for free....

Comment

Working...
                            X