Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defensive Stunts

Originally posted by Hagintora View Post
    I think having both sides Stunt at the same time (every time, unless I'm missing something) could be too finicky to employ except in rare cases, like having simultaneous initiatives. In that case I might have the player roll 4d6, with the extra d6 acting as the Stunt Die for the enemy, and keep with the Odds/Evens split as mentioned.
    if you kep the even/odd split, you wouldn't need the extra d6. One side would be the only one to get stunts. What I was talking about would look more like:

Double 4's would mean stunts for the player, with 5 SP. Because they rolled a 1 on the complication die, the adversary also gets 5 SP. all of that would be resolved concurrently. So, the player hits the manticore with a lethal blow, but the manticore is able to knock the attacker prone, disarm, and skirmish backwards (setting up for a charge). Combat would be much more chaotic - maybe too chaotic, idk. I like the idea in theory, but I don't know how it would actually play out.

I think there might be a misunderstanding. If you make a Defense Test against an enemy attack and roll 3, 3, 6, then you would generate Stunt points for the enemy equal to the Stunt Die. If you rolled a 4, 4, 5, you generate Stunt Points for yourself equal to the Stunt Die. As I said before, Stunting should occur with the same frequency as in the Core Rules (maybe a bit more often because it isn't tied to success or failure), with the number of occurrences being split relatively equally between player's and enemies. The amount of Stunt Points generated won't be affected at all.

I hope that clarifies things (unless I completely missed the point of what you were talking about).
    Ah, I see where I was misunderstanding. I read it as if the stunt die were the odd number or even number, not the doubles. That makes much more sense.

Comment

Re: Defensive Stunts

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
      Ah, I see where I was misunderstanding. I read it as if the stunt die were the odd number or even number, not the doubles. That makes much more sense.
      Exactly. So, using your example above, if you rolled a 4, 4, 5, 1, you would only generate SP's for yourself. If, however, you rolled a 4, 4, 5, 5, you would generate SP's for both yourself, and your target (having rolled both Even Doubles, and Odd Doubles). I'm not sure what effect this would have on the overall flow of gameplay, which is why I would reserve it for special occasions.

Comment

Working...
      X