A new fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new fan

After watching the 10 eps of the TG:AOV webcast i had to get the AGE system and the TG:AOV setting so far i am very impressed with the rule set and i am seeing a lot of potential for a multitude of genres.

I am curious has anyone attempted more of modern setting/classes such as the old d20 modern Urban Arcana or even a non magic/sfx setting

Re: A new fan

Originally posted by Datamancer View Post
    After watching the 10 eps of the TG:AOV webcast i had to get the AGE system and the TG:AOV setting so far i am very impressed with the rule set and i am seeing a lot of potential for a multitude of genres.

I am curious has anyone attempted more of modern setting/classes such as the old d20 modern Urban Arcana or even a non magic/sfx setting
    I've done a little something with it...But in all honesty I just Put the AGE core Book Setting to Just before the Saurian Conquest's and have ran with it ever since to great Success.
    Originally posted by Bladewind
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

cool

Comment

Soon I'll post here on the boards my Modern Age rules, and later my Age of Darkness conversion, if that helps. There's also the Eternal Darkness rules.
        DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
        AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
        AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

Comment

For now I run a Shadowrun game and it goes fine; I think the difficulty with modern setting is what you're gonna do with magic? Does it exist at all? What's the power level of a mage in your modern setting? I you remove the magic from the system, with what do you replace it?
          Also, you need to think if you're going with modern weapons or keep medieval ones. If you go with a setting with guns, you need to come up with some cover system, 'cause guns cause great damage. But thats just if you wanna play with realism; there's really nothing preventing you to just say that heavy armors are accessible in your game and guns do the same damage as a longbow.
          Last edited by vincegetorix; 6th January 2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Well i got several ideas for a Modern or Near future style setting
            For more of a SCIFI bent i will use some of the other races as Gene-Modded humans, and magic becomes psionics which shouldnt be to much of a hassle to convert.

Has anyone come up with a classless variant for the system.
            Last edited by Datamancer; 8th January 2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Has anyone come up with a classless variant for the system.
              Yeah, someone did
              DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
              AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
              AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

Comment

Yeah, someone did. ^^

Welcome to the fold.

Titansgrave was my hook up too.

Happy gaming!
                Fantasy AGE Homebrew Wiki: Take me to the wiki!

Free-Form Fantasy AGE System: Essentials - Version 2.5

DracoDruid's Fantasy AGE: The Thread | Version 2.4

Fantasy AGE - Revised Alchemy Rules: The Thread | Version 2.0

Free-Form Dragon Age System: The Thread | Essentials

Comment

Working...
                X