Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

    Hi all, i have found many different conversion ideas for Mass Effect ans while each one is promising, i have decided to make my own version of it. i am a huge fan of both Dragon Age and Mass Effect and i would like to share with you all my own conversion. now it is yet incomplete, so from here on out, i will post as i go, getting my ideas and concepts out there for you all to read and comment on.

    First off, i wanted to say that i am not going to change the Abilities at all. They seem to be a well rounded system as they are and so here is how things will work...

    ACCURACY: Accuracy will be pretty much the same, adding to attack for precise melee weapons and even precise ranged weapons such as pistols and sniper rifles.
    COMMUNICATION: this one changes not
    CONSTITUTION: while the health system will change a bit, this stat won't
    DEXTERITY: still no change here
    FIGHTING: for heavy melee weapons and burst-fire weapons such as SMGs and Assault Rifles and even Heavy Weapons
    INTELLIGENCE: this plays a key roll for those with Tech powers, seeing as how it is how you use your mind with such powers that make them powerful
    PERCEPTION: no change to this stat
    STRENGTH: no change
    WILLPOWER: this is key for Biotic powers, because it is sheer force of will that controls Biotic Fields

    This way, i don't have to work out new or alternate attributes for the game and it keeps things simple and clean
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAR0pWWHBadjJQdkU"]Age of Alchemy[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAY1JteV9mQjhxamc"]Battlemap Rules based on HeroScape[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAVzNDRUtWT0pjSnM"]Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy - Playtest version[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpATDZrZUhXaHBJd00"]Magic Items Repository Volume 1[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcHVOdVUtajJnV1k"]Magic Items Repository Volume 2[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcWM5VWFhcXVZUEU"]FAGE-TitansGrave Random Character Generator[/URL]
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpANUxzNHo2aDYxejA"]20 races for FAGE...enjoy[/URL]
    [URL="https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/"]https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/[/URL] This is my new log Site i just created. it is going to have fantasy short story snippets for you guys. Enjoy

  • #2
    Re: The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

    Originally posted by VladGenX View Post
    Hi all, i have found many different conversion ideas for Mass Effect ans while each one is promising, i have decided to make my own version of it. i am a huge fan of both Dragon Age and Mass Effect and i would like to share with you all my own conversion. now it is yet incomplete, so from here on out, i will post as i go, getting my ideas and concepts out there for you all to read and comment on.

    First off, i wanted to say that i am not going to change the Abilities at all. They seem to be a well rounded system as they are and so here is how things will work...

    ACCURACY: Accuracy will be pretty much the same, adding to attack for precise melee weapons and even precise ranged weapons such as pistols and sniper rifles.
    COMMUNICATION: this one changes not
    CONSTITUTION: while the health system will change a bit, this stat won't
    DEXTERITY: still no change here
    FIGHTING: for heavy melee weapons and burst-fire weapons such as SMGs and Assault Rifles and even Heavy Weapons
    INTELLIGENCE: this plays a key roll for those with Tech powers, seeing as how it is how you use your mind with such powers that make them powerful
    PERCEPTION: no change to this stat
    STRENGTH: no change
    WILLPOWER: this is key for Biotic powers, because it is sheer force of will that controls Biotic Fields

    This way, i don't have to work out new or alternate attributes for the game and it keeps things simple and clean
    Sorry but i see no sense in adding fighting to ranged weapons. The only way i would add fighting to ranged weapons would be to fire in melee range. I would simply make a Min. Strenght to weapons. Also, i see no melee other than the tech blade, in the game at least. I would see no problem to add some, however. Krogan already have some melee weapons in their lore anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

      Originally posted by Kazuyama View Post
      Sorry but i see no sense in adding fighting to ranged weapons. The only way i would add fighting to ranged weapons would be to fire in melee range. I would simply make a Min. Strenght to weapons. Also, i see no melee other than the tech blade, in the game at least. I would see no problem to add some, however. Krogan already have some melee weapons in their lore anyway.
      burst-fire weapons, such as SMGs and Assault Rifles are far less accurate and thus have a point and shoot rather than aim and shoot. This requires less of an Accuracy Test and more of a "Don't let the recoil knock you on your ass" kind of a test. Accurate weapons are great at longer ranges but suck ass at close range while brutal weapons are great at close range but dissipate at longer ranges. Shotguns, SMGs, and Assault Rifles are close ranged weapons and thus are less accurate.

      As for Melee weapons, i am going to create different types of Omni-Blades for the game but also sword like Kai Lengs in ME3. powered melee weapons are rare but often used (Even if they show up more in the multiplayer). adding in a few new melee weapons will intrigue more players and will make them want to get in down and dirty.

      i do see your point though, and while you are not really wrong, it is the best i can do given what i have to work with. thanks for the input and i hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAR0pWWHBadjJQdkU"]Age of Alchemy[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAY1JteV9mQjhxamc"]Battlemap Rules based on HeroScape[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAVzNDRUtWT0pjSnM"]Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy - Playtest version[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpATDZrZUhXaHBJd00"]Magic Items Repository Volume 1[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcHVOdVUtajJnV1k"]Magic Items Repository Volume 2[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpAcWM5VWFhcXVZUEU"]FAGE-TitansGrave Random Character Generator[/URL]
      [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByE2hNokDtpANUxzNHo2aDYxejA"]20 races for FAGE...enjoy[/URL]
      [URL="https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/"]https://vladgenx.wordpress.com/[/URL] This is my new log Site i just created. it is going to have fantasy short story snippets for you guys. Enjoy

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

        Originally posted by VladGenX View Post
        burst-fire weapons, such as SMGs and Assault Rifles are far less accurate and thus have a point and shoot rather than aim and shoot. This requires less of an Accuracy Test and more of a "Don't let the recoil knock you on your ass" kind of a test. Accurate weapons are great at longer ranges but suck ass at close range while brutal weapons are great at close range but dissipate at longer ranges. Shotguns, SMGs, and Assault Rifles are close ranged weapons and thus are less accurate.

        As for Melee weapons, i am going to create different types of Omni-Blades for the game but also sword like Kai Lengs in ME3. powered melee weapons are rare but often used (Even if they show up more in the multiplayer). adding in a few new melee weapons will intrigue more players and will make them want to get in down and dirty.

        i do see your point though, and while you are not really wrong, it is the best i can do given what i have to work with. thanks for the input and i hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
        I don't celebrate christmas, but thanks and back to you =D

        I'm a big fan of the Mass Effect series, and can't see how the hell i forgot about Kai Leng. And i see yourpoint with SMG's and Assault Rifles. However, shouldn't that be a Min. Str. issue? Or, like in Deadlands, "up to 3 shots a turn, all at -2"?

        I would be REALLY happy to help with the setting, if you want.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

          For my Shadowrun game, I'm currently playtesting some things with heavy guns like burst-riffles and shotguns, for the moment it worked great. Note that I run with the D.AGE stats, so its a Dexterity test to hit, but I get you idea that it could be a Fighting Test, be it just for the fact that I dont like a Focus with just a few things in it. I dont add Perception to damage 'cause I dont think a high perception (representing precision) have anything to do with the damage of a shotgun or a machine gun; I keep +perception to damage only for high accuracy weapons who needs to hit a precise spot to do damage.

          Burst-fire weapon: 3 separate attack rolls (can only stunt on the first), 1d6+2 x the number of hits.

          Shotguns: 3d6+2 at melee range, loses 1d6 at short range, loses another 1d6 at long range.

          SMG: 1d6+1 in a 6 yards long, 4 yards wide spray (3 cases x 2 cases in our game)

          I think it add some diversity in the method of attack instead of just a variation on damage.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The VladGenX Mass Effect Forum

            Originally posted by vincegetorix View Post
            For my Shadowrun game, I'm currently playtesting some things with heavy guns like burst-riffles and shotguns, for the moment it worked great. Note that I run with the D.AGE stats, so its a Dexterity test to hit, but I get you idea that it could be a Fighting Test, be it just for the fact that I dont like a Focus with just a few things in it. I dont add Perception to damage 'cause I dont think a high perception (representing precision) have anything to do with the damage of a shotgun or a machine gun; I keep +perception to damage only for high accuracy weapons who needs to hit a precise spot to do damage.

            Burst-fire weapon: 3 separate attack rolls (can only stunt on the first), 1d6+2 x the number of hits.

            Shotguns: 3d6+2 at melee range, loses 1d6 at short range, loses another 1d6 at long range.

            SMG: 1d6+1 in a 6 yards long, 4 yards wide spray (3 cases x 2 cases in our game)

            I think it add some diversity in the method of attack instead of just a variation on damage.
            I like those weapons. I would only add a -2 to all SMG shots. I would make assault rifles switchable:

            Single-Fire: 2d6 DMG, no penalty
            Burst-Fire: 1d6 DMG, 3 shots
            Full-Automatic: +1 to hit, fire arc 3 cases wide, 8 cases long, 1d6 DMG

            Comment

            Working...
            X