Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Focus and Classes

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
    I'm not willing to assume the default DA GM is putting herbalism/alchemy in either, and that features pretty prominantly in the games, too. You have an argument that the metals are simpler, but that still gets back to the question of how much people are going to extrapolate to get higher metals when they don't need to, and can just magic up the extent ones (which they have to do too, and will anyway).
    But you're forgetting that there is a pdf release, with GR's sanction, material rules for the more iconic DA materials. Furthermore, the actual rules made it into Set 3/core - Dragonbone, volcanic Aurum and more are scattered throughout the item list. It's only the construction chart that's missing.

Its also a pretty pricey way to get them if you don't also want the setting info. Reading the posts on here and elsewhere doesn't suggest to me that the majority are doing so.
    really? You can get PDFs of all 3 for like $50. That's under $.50 a mob with 100 spells and 30 specializations, and several rule components. IMO, it's a no-brainer. And while a majority of posts here may seem like the audience is one or the other, I've seen a lot of posts wanting more spells, specializations, and monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post

really? You can get PDFs of all 3 for like $50. That's under $.50 a mob with 100 spells and 30 specializations, and several rule components. IMO, it's a no-brainer. And while a majority of posts here may seem like the audience is one or the other, I've seen a lot of posts wanting more spells, specializations, and monsters.
      Its not clear to me how cleanly spells port over, and I've seen numerous other people elsewhere make the same statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
        Its not clear to me how cleanly spells port over, and I've seen numerous other people elsewhere make the same statement.
        They don't port over perfectly cleanly - you do have to link them to arcana. Honestly, though, I'm not a fan of the F-AGE spell progression - I'd port over the D-AGE spell method. Regardless, porting does require some effort, but I'd say that using D-AGE would be simpler than creating an entire Grimoire from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
          They don't port over perfectly cleanly - you do have to link them to arcana. Honestly, though, I'm not a fan of the F-AGE spell progression - I'd port over the D-AGE spell method. Regardless, porting does require some effort, but I'd say that using D-AGE would be simpler than creating an entire Grimoire from scratch.
          Horses for courses; if I was going to use the extent arcana for a base, I'd rather just extrapolate to new spells I wanted than have to sit down and look over the extent ones, decide if they were on the power scale, decide whether the difficulties seemed compatible, and so on. In particular, I'm not sure the upper end ones fit in the FAGE scale well at all, whether because they wanted to rebalance given being a FAGE mage is safer than being a DAGE one, or just because.

Comment

Working...
          X