How many in your Party?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many in your Party?

I am wondering for those of you who have run any of the three AGE settings out there what size party are you running. I find nothing for building encounters like they have in a few of the other systems. I normally run a group of about 6 people. Any thoughts on what an encounter size should be to make it a reasonable challenge for them.

Re: How many in your Party?

It really depends on the adversary type. But one thing to keep in mind is that low level/mook opponents can be dangerous. So for 6 people, I'd hesitate to go over 12 or under 3.

Comment

I currently have 4, but we have one more joining the game so we will have 5 players.

Comment

We have a party of two. A fighter and a rogue. They are doing well in the Titansgrave campaign. I'm going to add a Mage NPC to help out but they don't need it too bad. The rogue is a cannon with her blaster rifle and high Dex and the warrior is tough enough to hold off the biggest guys while she shoots them.
        If someone didn't cry you weren't playing with family!

Two wrongs don't make a right but, three rights make a left.

Comment

I run Titansgrave with four players (warrior/rogue/buff mage/dps mage) and they are rolling so well that even my pumped up, challenging encounters have been cakewalks for them. I'm also rolling really poorly (probably Wheaton's fault) so that might've factored in as well.

Comment

Three or four players, but with a host of companion npcs that they can choose from to accompany them. Usually I force a party limit of 5 or 6, pc or npc, depending on the adventure.
            DiBastet's Homebrew - My own homebrew. Use them, mine them for ideas, change them, as you see fit.
            AGE of Darkness - Converting World of Darkness to Fantasy Age.
            AGE of Wacraft - Playing AGE in Azeroth.

Age of Homebrew - Links to other homebrew. Feel free to add more.

Comment

I have a massive group I'm running 8 players. We haven't done much combat yet but I've been trying to go with about 12 and then repopulating as enemies go down

Comment

Three, so far. A Half-Orc/Half-Elf Warrior(-Librarian), and a pair of unrelated Elven Rogues (one melee, one ranged).

Comment

I myself Technically run 2 groups of 3-4 people(Depending on how many show-up on game day),so I Tend to make the Adversaries about 2-3 more than the Party count.But the Things you have to Consider Greatly is Not Only how your Party Plays(as a Group),but Also how everyone's Dice Usually roll.Let me give you an Example (This is about Par-For-The-Course for my Group):
                  Warrior:Heavy Tank(DA: Avarrian Hillsman=FAGE:Ork)
                  Rogue(2):Ranged Attacker & Manipulative Thief(DA:Nevarran Adventurer & Dwarven Duster=FAGE:Human & Elf)
                  Mage:Party Leader/Social Manipulator(DA:Apostate=FAGE:Elf)

As for this Bunch of Social Ner-Do-Well's major Motivations,it either comes down to Money&Power(Usually with the 2 Manipulators Behind it) or
                  Pure In-Character Bordem(Usually Instigated be the Ranged Attacker).I'm not saying this Group is some of the Most Cutthroat&Ruthless PC's I've ever Ran(Far from it Actually;I was Introduced to RPG Games by a Near-Certified Psychotic Genius),but they Never Do Anything out of "The Kindness of their Hearts".

Now as far as Rolling goes,they'll usually average around like this(Again this is Par-For-The-Course):
                  Warrior:13-15 base(Occassional 16-18)
                  Rogue(2):12-14 &10-15(Occassional 5-18 & 14-16)
                  Mage:10-14(Occassional 15&Higher if he slept the night before)

As you can see,my usual game groups require me to try to "Hedge my Bets" as it were when it come to Combat&Roleplaying Encounters.But that's just my 2 Copper,Take it for what it's worth..
                  Originally posted by Bladewind
                  Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Comment

3. An elf mage, an elf warrior, and a gnome rogue. Seems to be pretty well balanced.

Comment

My group starting this Sunday has 4:

A human storm-themed circle mage
                      A Tal'Vashoth Qunari Mage (no idea about starting arcana yet)
                      A Tal'Vashoth Qunari beast of a warrior
                      A Dwarven Carta Rogue who wants to specialize in grenades and black powder weapons.

Hopefully they get the warrior some good armor right quick

Comment

Originally posted by Maliloki View Post
                        My group starting this Sunday has 4:

A human storm-themed circle mage
                        A Tal'Vashoth Qunari Mage (no idea about starting arcana yet)
                        A Tal'Vashoth Qunari beast of a warrior
                        A Dwarven Carta Rogue who wants to specialize in grenades and black powder weapons.

Hopefully they get the warrior some good armor right quick
                        Best way to do that is to either have them Pool part of thier Starting Money into a "Party Fund"(Let them think of it like a Group Slush Fund.If they need something for the Group Survival,they Take it from the Fund)or they could somehow Deck him out Magically by giving him Magically Enhanced Gear(if both Mage's work together,It shouldn't be that Hard to Enhace his Gear).I'm actually more Nosy about how this Group'll Interact Socially.Your looking at 2 Renegade Qunari that are bound to have More Hunters after them than Blood on a Warhound after Ostagar,A Carta Rogue that more than Likely has their own Agenda that might not even be Compatable with Any Party Goals&a Circle Mage Willinglyhanging Around anApostate(I don't Care what the Qunari might say;to a Circle Mage,an Apostate by anyother name is Still an Apostate).PLEASE keep me Informed of this Train Wreck waiting to happen!

Comment

No one sadly.

I have had a orc mage full story and everything ready to play titansgrave just none of my friends want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrumz View Post
                            No one sadly.

I have had a orc mage full story and everything ready to play titansgrave just none of my friends want to play.
                            If your willing to play a Play-By-Post,one's getting ready to Start-up over at Nestora By Night that I'll (More than Likely,if the Guy that Started the Thread doesn't Let us all Know SOMETHING by the End of the Tommorrow)Be Running Starting on Monday.Just Copy your Character over there.

Comment

I only have two, who just made 5th level. Against single opponents they can handle things much higher (of Major threat level) than they, so long as they are fresh and at full resources. They can handle 4 to 6 weaker opponents provided they have no special abilities. The main issues I have noticed with opposition is Defense, Armor, and Damage. As long as the PCs can hit they can whittle away just about anything. The Mage frequently gets pretty low in the health department but usually survives with the aid of her Warrior bodyguard. Damage that has a Xd+6 or higher is rough as it will always get through the Mage's armor and hurt her.

Comment

Working...
                              X