Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

    Originally posted by TUTTLE View Post
    The Coversion was done with math, intuition and common sense It's a game, not homework and open to interpretation and most of all it's meant to be FUN and not an endeavour into analism! But if you get fun from being anal be my guest change away!
    I dont think it is anal to notice that the math actually doesn't add up. Considering the math for every monster does add up. but thanks.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

      Originally posted by Crit it and Quit it View Post
      I dont think it is anal to notice that the math actually doesn't add up. Considering the math for every monster does add up. but thanks.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

        Great stuff. I am mostly commenting at this point to make sure I get notifications of when you post the next installment.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

          Hey Tuttle,
          Quick question. I notice some of the beasties have access to spells like Haste and Phantasm. Are those in the Fantasy Age book? Or are you referring to classical edition spells?

          Also, can someone give me an example of a monster that has "math that doesn't add up?" I didn't look super carefully, but all the ones I did look at looked very reasonable. Is this just a case of someone thinking a stat should be 1 or 2 points higher or lower? Or is there something there that won't actually work as intended? My biggest desire is for monsters to "feel" right. Since my players will never see the stats and don't meta game the defense scores so if something is 12 instead of 14, or vice versa, they won't be like "oh, they're not armored" or something.

          I'm eminently grateful for the posters work and I plan to use it unchanged, but I'm curious what all the fuss is about. Thanks in advance for all who post!

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

            Originally posted by mbeac View Post
            Hey Tuttle,
            Quick question. I notice some of the beasties have access to spells like Haste and Phantasm. Are those in the Fantasy Age book? Or are you referring to classical edition spells?

            Also, can someone give me an example of a monster that has "math that doesn't add up?" I didn't look super carefully, but all the ones I did look at looked very reasonable. Is this just a case of someone thinking a stat should be 1 or 2 points higher or lower? Or is there something there that won't actually work as intended? My biggest desire is for monsters to "feel" right. Since my players will never see the stats and don't meta game the defense scores so if something is 12 instead of 14, or vice versa, they won't be like "oh, they're not armored" or something.

            I'm eminently grateful for the posters work and I plan to use it unchanged, but I'm curious what all the fuss is about. Thanks in advance for all who post!
            Basically, the comment is about how the final to-hit number or final Defense number may match the way a PC character would arrive at that number via Talents and Abilities.

            Some lean to having the math match the way PCs do it and others lean to "that number seems right."

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

              Originally posted by Voneth View Post
              Basically, the comment is about how the final to-hit number or final Defense number may match the way a PC character would arrive at that number via Talents and Abilities.

              Some lean to having the math match the way PCs do it and others lean to "that number seems right."
              I'm asking which specific ones are causing a problem?

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

                Originally posted by mbeac View Post
                I'm asking which specific ones are causing a problem?
                Wolf is one. Dex is 2 and defense is 14.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

                  Omg thank you thank you thank you. I work crazy hours and on the side I was trying to fit in time to convert some creatures while still running my campaign.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

                    Long-delayed update to The Mystara Bestiary for Fantasy Age!

                    https://app.box.com/file/293755732781

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

                      Originally posted by TUTTLE View Post
                      Long-delayed update to The Mystara Bestiary for Fantasy Age!

                      https://app.box.com/file/293755732781
                      Can't seem to access it.
                      DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
                      [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Mystara Bestiary Fantasy Age Conversion

                        This link still not working!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X