What campaigns do you want to run with Fantasy Age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What campaigns do you want to run with Fantasy Age

Since the system is pretty lightweight it also seems to be very flexible and should work quite well for most types of fantasy in which the heroes don't become superhumanly powerful.
    What kinds of campaigns do you plan to run with Fantasy Age, or have already started?
    “Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

Working on the Ancient Lands campaign setting for Fantasy Age.
    Spriggans Den - RPGs and Sword & Sorcery

Re: What campaigns do you want to run with Fantasy Age

First I'll run Titansgrave in autumn
    After that it will be a futuristic/slightly cyberpunk-ish campaign
    And I'd like to run some sword & sorcery one-shots

Comment

Lower magic fantasy for now (a home brewed Krynn). But I eagerly wait for a Space Opera setting (I.e. Star Wars by another name).

Comment

I think Fantasy Age seems like a perfect systems for my campaign setting, which I've been using with Pathfinder and Basic Fantasy for my last two mini-campaigns. It's a bronze age world with many independent clan villages and a few larger ports on the coast of a huge forest and jungle continent, that is full of monsters and ancient ruins build by demigods from the spiritworld. The players play as warriors, witches, and shamans of one of the many clans with the special task of exploring the wilderness and bringing knowledge about the other settled lands, dangerous creatures, and ancient magic back to their people. It's very much inspired by Morrowind, the Knights of the Old Repubic comics, and Kalimdor from Warcraft III.
        “Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”

Comment

Something Science Fantasy or Planetary Romance, which I guess would be now be called Post-Apocalyptic Space Opera, so Titansgrave is a great resource. I might steal some of the improv world building tips from Dungeon World, which sort of fits the whole "mostly unknown world" aspect of such games.

Comment

Is it just me or are there a lot of people who see Fantasy Age and are thinking "I want to run a sci-fi game"?

Comment

I think a lot of people watched the Titansgrave series and want to run a Sci-fi game. Its what I'm using to set up a gaming group with my friends, and we're almost all first timers so saying it's sci-fi and fantasy blended; it gives them something they can approach based on their own interestes, and giving them the episode 0 to start with opened up some cool ideas.

Comment

Titansgrave is partly to blame

But yeah the system felt immediatly as a great fit for a futuristic/sci-fi universe. We need more sci-fi rpgs anyway

Comment

*raises hand*

Yep. I'm guilty, but that's because I've loved to do a Science Fantasy setting, but there hasn't been much local interest in it. TG may change that. There seems to be something about when a SF setting when it catches the public's attention that make it a much easier sell than compared to straight up fantasy which almost needs no IP to sell it.

Ironical, you could pallet swap a John Carter campaign on top of most of your DnD settings/adventures. Call magic "psionics" and magic items "forgotten tech" and give your fantasy races an alien visual and most adventures would play identical.

Comment

I'm looking to run a modified version of Thedas, using much of the themes, organizations, and locations, but playing havoc with the cannon.

-The Fey, Elemental, and Shadow planes exist alongside the material plane
                    -The Celtic gods are powerful Fey living in the Fey realm
                    -Ferelden religion is split between the Fey and the Chantry.
                    -The Chasnid may have connections to the Shadow realm
                    -Cults of The Blood of Vol are scattered throughout most of the rest of Thedas (and possibly openly worshiped in Tevinter)
                    -Orcs, from the Anderfels region originally, are another slave race for the Tevinter and have migrated into the Free Marches, but are very rare farther south
                    -probably won't come up, but the jungles past the Anderfels have tribes of halflings and gnomes in them (some of which may be cannabalistic)

There will probably be other stuff too, but those are probably the main points. I plan on trying a one-off with my 5e group with premed characters to see how they like the system once I figure out what I'm going to run. If they have fun, then we're going to rotate with our current DM running 5e one week and me running FA the next. I'll have them roll up their own characters and I'm probably going to run Princes of the Apocalypse, set in the wilderness between Markham and Ostwick in the Free Marches probably, since I own that and want to get my money's worth out of it......unless the players don't take the hook.

....that was longer than I meant it to be...

Comment

Yora's signature says it all...

Comment

I'd love to run a Lankhmar or Freeport campaign.

Comment

I'll be running a homebrew fantasy game. Pretty straightforward in terms of genre, but relatively low magic. The group is meeting for character creation and a "Session 0" discussion of character/campaign goals. I'm using Obsidian Portal to journal the game and keep my notes straight.

https://the-lands-of-bryll.obsidianportal.com/
                          This die is defective. It has twenty sides!

Comment

Originally posted by Yora View Post
                            What kinds of campaigns do you plan to run with Fantasy Age, or have already started?
                            Lord of the Rings (adapting the spells from Decipher game) & Barsoom/Warriors of Mars.

Elder Scrolls would also be fun.
                            Last edited by AdamK1095; 08-14-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

This my problem, I want to run too much in f/age. I'm a big fan of Science Fantasy setting, so I'll probably end up running something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X