X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrm1138
    started a topic Superhero AGE?

Superhero AGE?

While I understand that Green Ronin already has a successful supers RPG, Mutants and Masterminds, I was curious if there was any possibility they might adapt the AGE rules for use in superhero games. Speaking personally, I'm not a huge fan of overly crunchy systems, so M&M isn't really up my alley. On top of that, if I'm not playing D&D, I like to avoid games that use d20 as their main resolution mechanic. I especially prefer the probability curve of multiple d6, and that's one of the things I really enjoy about AGE.

Aside from that, since Green Ronin already has a relationship with DC, I think AGE would be a perfect system to create a tabletop RPG for younger players (while older players could continue with DC Adventures).

• kronovan
    replied
    Re: Superhero AGE?

Yep, I'd never chose AGE over M&M even if there was an official AGE companion book published for the Supers genre. IMO a few too many things about the play mechanics that would just feel clunky.

Leave a comment:

• digitalangel
    replied

M&M (both 2E and 3E) Gamemaster's Guide has options for using 3d6 or 2d10 instead of 1d20, as well as many other optional rules depending on exactly what parts of M&M aren't to your taste stock.
    Last edited by digitalangel; 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkdreamer
    replied

Honestly, it'd almost certainly be too much work, with a system not designed ground up for it. If M&M is too much for you, have you looked at Icons?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X