Blue Rose / Aldea coming to AGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Rose / Aldea coming to AGE

My Girlfriend got me the Hero of Aldis tier for the Kickstarter for my Birthday!
    ᛬ᚼᛁᚾᛋᛁᚴᛁᚾ᛬ᛁᛘ᛬ᛁᚴ᛬

Comment

Got the Fantasy Age PDF today.
      Read it, fell in love with it. Pledged at Envoy. I have the original Blue Rose; this should be great.

Comment

Thought it is about time to ressurrect this threat, now that the preview edition has gone out to the backers ... my first thoughts (copied from the Kickstarter comments):

I've read most of the new rules from the preview edition by now, and I'm pretty happy with how this expands FAGE. We get a magic system that makes magic available to all classes, and a fatigue system that might not come into play that much, but that still offers possibilities to do more interesting kinds of damage than HP loss (HP bloat being one of my main issues with the AGE system).
        What is interesting is how much the corruption system reminds me of Cubicle 7's "The One Ring" (in a good way). Thematically, there seem to be a lot of similiarities between Blue Rose and C7's interpretation of the middle-earth setting. What is an added bonus in Blue Rose is that there is an actual system for "going over to the dark side". The one thing I wonder if the system doesn't actually encourage adepts to go dark ... I know that the this is probably not the idea behind the rules and the setting, but it should be possible to try to get as much corruption as possible early on, get through the hard phase of reduced Willpower and constitution, and then embrace corruption when it has a value of 4 or 5. Maybe there shoud be some more "hard" disadvantages for embracing corruption, like, e.g., being unable to use points from positive relationships ...

Comment

Is there an ETA for Blue Rose AGE pdf?
          I would shure love to get my hands on it soon...
          Fantasy AGE Homebrew Wiki: Take me to the wiki!

Free-Form Fantasy AGE System: Essentials - Version 2.5

DracoDruid's Fantasy AGE: The Thread | Version 2.4

Fantasy AGE - Revised Alchemy Rules: The Thread | Version 2.0

Free-Form Dragon Age System: The Thread | Essentials

Comment

Originally posted by DracoDruid View Post
            Is there an ETA for Blue Rose AGE pdf?
            I would shure love to get my hands on it soon...
            According to the latest KS update, it's supposed to go to print this month, so the pdf should be around soon.

Comment

I guess it's too late to back it?...
              Fantasy AGE Homebrew Wiki: Take me to the wiki!

Free-Form Fantasy AGE System: Essentials - Version 2.5

DracoDruid's Fantasy AGE: The Thread | Version 2.4

Fantasy AGE - Revised Alchemy Rules: The Thread | Version 2.0

Free-Form Dragon Age System: The Thread | Essentials

Comment

Probably ... I don't know if there are any late-comer options.

Comment

... You can just buy it.

Comment

When is the book coming out for the rest of us?

Also scheduled for summer is the new edition of Blue Rose: The RPG of Romantic Fantasy, which is a stand-alone game built off the Fantasy AGE rules. We ran a very successful Kickstarter for this in 2015 and we’ve been working away on it since then. If you missed the Kickstarter, no worries. As usual we will be selling the game through our normal channels after backers get their copies, so you’ll be able to find Blue Rose in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by BytomMan View Post
                      When is the book coming out for the rest of us?
                      Soon. Ish.
                      ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
                        Thought it is about time to ressurrect this threat, now that the preview edition has gone out to the backers ... my first thoughts (copied from the Kickstarter comments):

I've read most of the new rules from the preview edition by now, and I'm pretty happy with how this expands FAGE. We get a magic system that makes magic available to all classes, and a fatigue system that might not come into play that much, but that still offers possibilities to do more interesting kinds of damage than HP loss (HP bloat being one of my main issues with the AGE system).
                        What is interesting is how much the corruption system reminds me of Cubicle 7's "The One Ring" (in a good way). Thematically, there seem to be a lot of similiarities between Blue Rose and C7's interpretation of the middle-earth setting. What is an added bonus in Blue Rose is that there is an actual system for "going over to the dark side". The one thing I wonder if the system doesn't actually encourage adepts to go dark ... I know that the this is probably not the idea behind the rules and the setting, but it should be possible to try to get as much corruption as possible early on, get through the hard phase of reduced Willpower and constitution, and then embrace corruption when it has a value of 4 or 5. Maybe there shoud be some more "hard" disadvantages for embracing corruption, like, e.g., being unable to use points from positive relationships ...
                        OK, this looks like it would be VERY interesting to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X