Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Rose / Aldea coming to AGE

http://greenronin.com/blog/2015/03/2...-rose-returns/

Intersting. From what Jack's said in the thread on this very topic at RPGNet, looks like there'll a fair bit of adaptation work to make AGE fit Aldea as well, which even for those not interested in the setting means more potential options and material that can be adapted.

cheers,

Nick

Re: Blue Rose / Aldea coming to AGE

Looks interesting! And it lets me throw more $ at Kickstarter.

Comment

Indeed, Steve and I have already discussed some initial adaptation needed and there will be more I believe. But we're pretty excited about this.

Comment

You've got me interested!

Comment

Yes, please.

Comment

Sounds great! I've been interested in Blue Rose for a while, but couldn't really bring myself to buy a setting that seemed to be dead in the water ... I'll definitely back this!
            One question: Is this going to be a setting book for the upcoming AGE Fantasy rules, or is it going to be a self-contained game?

Comment

I hope when they release the Kickstarter they preview the magic system.... Maybe just a spell or two or how it will work. I do have to admit to a certain level of KS fatigue and a huge backlog of board games/RPGs to be played. The more things that are completely DA incompatible would dampen my enthusiasm.

Comment

Another question at the GR team: can you already say how much overlap there will be with the old material? E.g., is the new edition going to have a new introductury scenario?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting the old Blue Rose stuff to familiarize myself with the setting ...

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Blue Rose, but I had a lot of friends who loved it and I know they're excited. I'm glad they'll get an updated game with the AGE system.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
                    Another question at the GR team: can you already say how much overlap there will be with the old material? E.g., is the new edition going to have a new introductury scenario?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting the old Blue Rose stuff to familiarize myself with the setting ...
                    There should be a fair amount of overlap for setting and such. However you can totally expect new scenarios and such.

Comment

I wonder if Titansgrave will have an impact on Blue Rose. Two competing settings for a small system? Not only for purchasers, but also for writing staff.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that they decided to do Blue Rose after deciding to do Titansgrave, so I guess not. If any, there will probably be a positive impact: GR will be able to show that the AGE system is capable of supporting very different kinds of settings.

Comment

I''ll admit we'll have to make sure we can coordinate more projects, but its something we're planning for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob Schmidt View Post
                            If any, there will probably be a positive impact: GR will be able to show that the AGE system is capable of supporting very different kinds of settings.
                            That's if they can perform. GR ran behind on their Freeport Kickstarter, and I don't know if it's been completely fulfilled yet - and the rewards are about 2 years overdue. Throw in another Kickstarter, another setting, and hopefully some love for your other lines, and you've got a lot on your plate. It's not about whether or not AGE can handle dragons, Pirates, and laser rifles; it's about whether GR can provide enough support to keep a setting viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                              I''ll admit we'll have to make sure we can coordinate more projects, but its something we're planning for.
                              Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X