Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Red steel weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red steel weapons?

Hello fellow gamers,
    Has anyone statted out red steel effects on weapons? It seems to be missing from the "raw material effects on weapons" -table on page 329

Re: Red steel weapons?

About half of the materials are missing. I believe they were all in the Set 3 test, which still may be available for download.

Regardless, their concept for materials was pretty weak. I remember some people fixed it with a minimum damage roll. I made a pattern of +1 Attack; +1 Damage; +1 Attack &+1 Damage, with the final two giving free Mighty Blow and then Lethal Blow when stunts were rolled. Armor was Defense, AR, then both. The range extensions included Arcane Lance, and the minimum range included spells.

Comment

Originally posted by PnPgamer View Post
      Hello fellow gamers,
      Has anyone statted out red steel effects on weapons? It seems to be missing from the "raw material effects on weapons" -table on page 329
      They're not missing as much as they never have been added. The RPG concepts on special materials differ heavily from the games.

That said, I use this table for special materials. Consider that a material higher on the list gets all the benefits from a material that's lower on the list. If you miss added benefits, also consider that a lower material can't destroy/damage a higher one (so, an iron longsword couldn't damage a silverite one, and a white steel mail can't be dented by a dragonbone sword, for example).

DARPG - House Rule - Special Materials by Icarus.jpg

And here's some examples of (simple, non-magical) weapons I created myself based on the games using these rules.

Non-Unique Items and Generic Treasure

Armor & Shields
      Heavy Mail, Redcliff Knight: This set of heavy mail is made of red steel and commonly associated with the knights of Redcliff. Armor Rating 7, Armor Check Penalty -1, Mana Strain 4. Cost 900 sp.
      Light Mail, Silverite: This armor is made of interlocking silverite rings. Armor Rating 5, Armor Penalty 0, Mana Strain 3. Cost 750 sp.
      Shield, Redcliff Knight: This medium shield is made of red steel and commonly associated with the knights of Redcliff. Shield Bonus +2. Cost 360 sp.

Weapons
      Battleaxe, Dwarven Steel: This battleaxe has a haft one-and-a-half times longer than normal. It can be used with one or two hands, as the user feels more comfortable (benefiting for most weapon style talents); except for that, it’s a regular weapon. Axes. Damage 2d6+1, Minimum Strength 1. Cost 120 sp.
      Greatsword, Redcliff Knight: This two-handed sword is made of red steel and commonly associated with the knights of Redcliff. Heavy Blades. Damage 3d6, Minimum Strength 0, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 276 sp.
      Imperial Sword, Dragonbone: Although this is a Tevinter copy of a qunari chief saw sword, it is surprisingly well crafted for a weapon so divergent from a human blacksmith’s expertise. Heavy Blades. Damage 2d6+1, Minimum Strength 0, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 360 sp.
      Imperial Sword, Steel: Although this is a Tevinter copy of a qunari chief saw sword, it is surprisingly well crafted for a weapon so divergent from a human blacksmith’s expertise. Heavy Blades. Damage 2d6+1, Minimum Strength 1. Cost 108 sp (in Tevinter).
      Long Bow, Ironbark: This tall bow, roughly the height of a man, is made of a single piece of ironbark. Minimum Strength -1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit, range 39/104. Cost 180 sp.
      Longsword, Standard Issue Fereldan: This sword is made of red steel and commonly associated with the knights of Redcliff. Heavy Blades. Damage 2d6, Minimum Strength -1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 216 sp.
      Longsword, Redcliff Knight: This sword is made of red steel and commonly associated with the knights of Redcliff. Heavy Blades. Damage 2d6, Minimum Strength -1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 216 sp.
      Longsword, Silverite: This longsword is made of silverite and bears the mark of Orzammar. Minimum Strength -1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 270 sp.
      Saw Sword: A good number of these steel weapons were brought to Ferelden by Tevinter mercenaries as the spoils of the long war with the Qunari. The craftsmanship is unquestionable. Heavy Blades. Damage 2d6+1, Minimum strength 1. Cost 108 sp.
      Two-Handed Axe, Dragonbone: This huge weapon is lighter than expected, thanks to the dragonbone used in its construction. Minimum Strength 1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Axes. Cost 360 sp.
      Two-Handed Sword, Dragonbone: This huge blade is lighter than expected, thanks to the dragonbone used in its construction. Minimum Strength 1, one talent level bonus, focus benefit. Cost 414 sp.

Last edited by Icarus; 14th May 2019, 07:22 AM.
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/5902-AGE-DRAGON-AGE-STUFF-Characters-Creatures-etc-NEW-GENLOCK-NECROMANCER-amp-RISEN-OGRE"]My Dragon Age Thread: Characters, Organizations, Optional Rules, Items, Monsters and More[/URL]
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1589-Dragon-Ball-AGE"]My Dragon Ball conversion for AGE (incomplete)[/URL]
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1478-ICARUS-STUFF-MORE-PL-4-Archetypes-(Street-Fighter-Shotoclones)"]My M&M3E Builds[/URL]

Comment

Working...
      X