Question on Expert Strike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Expert Strike

Our group recently achieved levels high enough for my warrior to use Expert Strike. If a player sets Expert Strike at a certain point (-3 to +3), should it apply to every "attack" action until the next round? I'm thinking about Lightning Attacks, Disarm checks, and that sort of thing. I can see arguments for and against: for because they are supposedly Experts; against because it becomes a bit too useful. I'd like to get some other points of view on this.

Re: Question on Expert Strike

As far as I remember, it says that "when you attack", so I guess it would apply on any attack.
    I didn't consider the fact that this would mean that they could use Expert Strike for the Disarm stunt until now (my players tend to use Expert Strike for damage more than anything else).
    An idea I can come up with right now is to simply ignore Expert Strike on situations where the penalty on attack/damage would apply. eg: The Disarm stunt wouldn't apply with this "tweak".

Comment

Re: Question on Expert Strike

I figured you could declare what you are doing on your turn and that modifier lasts until your next turn.

This would mean any attack penalties would also apply to things like Disarm.
      If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

Working...
      X