Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Wonders of Thedas Episode 64: Did You Hear That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders of Thedas Episode 64: Did You Hear That?

Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas, your one-stop-shop for all your Dragon Age roleplaying game needs!

You can hear the episode above, or you can listen on iTunes, Google Play, and Soundcloud!

Attune your ears to the discussion of crafting ambience and immersion in your games! We bring on Leona to tackle the topic of how to pull your players into the world of Thedas, planning games that you'll talk about for years to come! We discuss sound design, lighting, prop creation, and good old-fashioned descriptive prose! We also tackle some design questions in our Codex and we are already wringing our hands about the next episode's topic (don't forget to vote on it!)

For more info about the fan celebration that is Dragon 4ge day, you can find their site here! Please remember that submissions are subject to the rules of the event, but you can submit art, fan-fiction, and even Dragon Age RPG adventures!

You can read Saulo Ortega's adventure Delving Deep here!

If you like what we do, please support us on Patreon! You can get more valuable votes on episode topics, or even get episode early! The more support we get the bigger show becomes, perhaps even becoming new shows with enough support

If you would like to submit a question or some custom content for the Dragon Age RPG, you can send it to us through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Soundcloud, and WordPress blog accounts! You can email us at wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com or send a private message to Kot the Protector or Healerpuff on the Green Ronin forums, or Kot or Lisse on the d20 Radio forums!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!
    If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Re: Wonders of Thedas Episode 64: Did You Hear That?

It was interesting to hear the team's thoughts on ways to build atmosphere by using various props or sound effects. Personally, I've always dreamed of running the Call of Cthulhu 'Orient Express' campaign on the real locomotive that chuffs back and forth at my local steam train centre! One of your ideas, I've actually tried before - using masks during a ball, which really worked well. I've also bought a subscription to Syrinscape on your recommendation, and I'm really pleased with it.

I think Dragon Age has some advantages over most other RPGs, in that it has such a wealth of good artwork and music from the computer games. A couple of extra suggestions - a wood-style tablecloth can give a fantasy feel to the game, and most players love maps, so the more of them that can be provided, the better. The deluxe/collectors edition of the DA: Inquisition computer game also had a few physical props, such as four Orlesian coins, a large, cloth map, markers for it, Inquisition badges and leather journals. Oh - and every session I run in my Inquisition era game, I always wear my Inquisition heraldry, Bioware t-shirt!

A reminder of my gaming table...

Last edited by Parsival; 26th November 2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

A question for the next podcast - how would you construct some simple rules for resistance tonics, potions or salves? They feature in all of the computer games (though have different names).

I was thinking of something that lasts for an encounter and gives a +2 to any tests to resist that element (fire, cold, electricity, etc), as well as reducing any damage from that element by 2, regardless of whether it is penetrating or not. What do you think?

Comment

Loving this question! We will be sure to answer on the next show!
        If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

Working...
        X