Faces of Thedas Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faces of Thedas Update

So folks following Bioware may notice major DA developer and all around nice guy Mike Laidlaw left Bioware.

HOWEVER, one of the last things Mike did was review and finally approve Faces of Thedas! I've passed it along to final layout with Mike's changes and alterations implemented. So...finally we can expect this to be coming your way soonish.

(Note its still needing these final changes so it will take some time, but the major bit is finished and I thought folks might want to know)

NOW...I move on to finalizing the last two chapters of the Fantasy AGE Companion, which I hope to have good news on soon.

Re: Faces of Thedas Update

Excellent news, Jack! Thanks for sharing this.

Any chance we could get a hint of what we can expect? Maybe a table of contents?

Comment

I will likely do a Ronin Round Table about it as it gets a bit closer. But I will say it has rules on Relationships much like Blue Rose (in fact they were done for DA first), organizations like the Carta and Antivan Crows, and a mix of various individuals from favorites from early in Dragon Age to recent Inquisition antagonists and allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
        So folks following Bioware may notice major DA developer and all around nice guy Mike Laidlaw left Bioware.

HOWEVER, one of the last things Mike did was review and finally approve Faces of Thedas! I've passed it along to final layout with Mike's changes and alterations implemented. So...finally we can expect this to be coming your way soonish.

(Note its still needing these final changes so it will take some time, but the major bit is finished and I thought folks might want to know)

NOW...I move on to finalizing the last two chapters of the Fantasy AGE Companion, which I hope to have good news on soon.
        Thanks for the update! I know that is really soon to talk about it but, what are the plans for this great rpg after the release of "Faces of Thedas"?

Comment

Very excited for both. Thank you.
          When the odds are 1 in 216, you roll with it.

Love,
          Drunkle G

Comment

Wahoo! Canít wait!
            If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

This is indeed great news - I have a rapacious appetite for Dragon Age product and will devour this as soon as it appears.

Regarding another 'Faces of Thedas' product - I notice that though one can still download the free pdfs of Varric and Talis on the GR website, the one for the Wyvern creature seems unavailable. I recall downloading it an age ago but can't now find the file. Am I right that it had three different stat blocks for Wyverns - small, medium and large, basically? If so, does anyone know where I could now find a copy?

Comment

I think the only Wyvern statblock that was in there is now in the Corebook.
                Last edited by Kot the Protector; 10-22-2017, 11:52 AM.
                If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

So I take it there will be no new spells implemented.
                  The Untouchable, the Avenger.

Comment

When's this coming out?

Comment

Next year prolly

Comment

That's too bad. The Core Rulebook came out over two years ago. GR makes some wonderful RPG books, so it would be nice to have more frequent content to support their games. (Seems like they had more regular output a few years ago.)

Comment

Amazon has updated their listing to reflect a release date of March 27, 2018.

Comment

Latest update from Chris Pramas - Ronin Roundtable: Green Ronin in 2018, Part 1

"Fantasy AGE, Dragon Age, and Blue Rose

Fantasy AGE and Dragon Age fans will be delighted to hear that two long awaited books are nearing release. Jack Norris and his team have finished the Fantasy AGE Companion and Faces of Thedas and both are now in layout. The Fantasy AGE Companion is the first big rules expansion for FAGE, offering up many ways to expand your game. Faces of Thedas brings a plethora of Dragon Age characters from the video games, novels, and comics to life, and adds some great new rules for relationships and romance."
                            https://greenronin.com/blog/2018/01/...n-2018-part-1/
                            "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"

Comment

Layout? That makes me wonder what was sent to Bioware; from the earlier descriptions, it sounded like they were looking a pretty-much-finalized version of the book. Hopefully they'll still be able to make the March release.

Comment

Working...
                              X