Faces of Thedas Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Faces of Thedas Update

Are they going to address and fix Duncan in the PDF and reprints is my only question. That build has me and my whole group bristling. How and why they would build him as a warrior makes zero sense. And I hope they at least fix the PDF so we can have a proper build for him. Seriously, did they never read the codexes or the books or pay attention to origins or heroes of dragon age or any of the other source material. We are under the option that they must have built the character as if they were building Riordan. The other issues we had were with Oghren & Iron Bull's specializations. But at least those are quicker fixes.
    Campaign Codex

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
      I’d like to see both of those, as well. However, given Solas’s Place in the setting, I don’t see him as a possibility. And for Corpheus, I imagine for tabletop purposes you could reskin the Architect. That wouldn’t be perfect, but it could be close.

The point of the guide, IMO, is not to give every character, but to give enough of them to enable you to adapt as necessary. That’s why I think Shale and Fenrir are the bigger losses.
      I totally agree, on both points.

Shale and Fenris should have been included, hands-down. To give the option to play as a golem, specifically, and include all of the talents, stunts, and/or specializations necessary to do so would have been a huge win for players. When I started working on my first campaign, I spent a great deal of time stat'ing out and building Shale as a playable option, and while I feel I hit the high notes, an "official" entry for such a prominent character would have been a great addition to this book.

Unless, as others have said, these characters are slated to make an appearance in the upcoming DA4; in that case, I would look forward to this being the first of two FoT installments. If not, .PDFs dedicated specifically to Shale, inclusive of a playable golem option, and Fenris, including a playable lyrium-infused character, would be most welcomed.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. Just dropped my amazon pre-order. How could a something so long in the making have so many horrible omissions? Where was the QA on this thing? I really feel like the license is not in capable hands. I'm happy knowing most of the fan made creations and supplements easily outclass and replace this. I'm glad there is such a great community of material that I really don't feel sad for dropping the order. Just slightly disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jindex View Post
          Just dropped my amazon pre-order.
          Gosh, dropping your pre-order sounds quite drastic! I'll accept that the book isn't perfect and there are a couple of obvious ommissions, but from what I've heard it will still be well worth getting. I just wish it would appear on Amazon as available - in the UK it is still listed as July 9th!

I wouldn't blame Green Ronin for all the shenanigans regarding the DA license - Bioware's attitude towards approving product is on the listless side. Remember that Bioware can't even be bothered to license a Mass Effect pen-and-paper game, even though games companies would love to release one. There used to be a time that Bioware were claiming they'd like to develop the Dragon Age world into a true 'franchise' through various media. I approached them myself regarding getting a range of miniature figures released and no-one ever got back to me. I know the money from such is small fry to them - as it is from Green Ronin's RPG - but it's virtually money for nothing and is effectively free advertising and marketing. Bioware is not blameless here.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsival View Post
            Gosh, dropping your pre-order sounds quite drastic! I'll accept that the book isn't perfect and there are a couple of obvious ommissions, but from what I've heard it will still be well worth getting. I just wish it would appear on Amazon as available - in the UK it is still listed as July 9th!
            Why is that drastic? If you’re not happy with a product, you shouldn’t be obligated to buy it. And if it turns out to be worthwhile, there’s nothing to stop the poster from buying it upon release.

And I wouldn’t say the inclusion or non-inclusion falls on BioWare in the slightest. There was just a Roundtable that was written about why some characters were or weren't included.

Comment

I just could pre order it on Amazon. So happy finally I'll get the book. I'm planning to run a campaign based on DA: Origins and this book will be a great tool for me
              Last edited by ezequielramone; 03-11-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X