X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faces of Thedas Update

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
    From today's post:
    I'd be highly curious to know whether Green Ronin is working diligently and alongside BioWare to come up with new material as it relates to the forthcoming DA4. To get out in front of this one, and have material at least in layout and ready for BW's approval just around the time the video game launches. That would be ideal, to ensure up-to-date content within the TTRPG. Approval delays aside, it did seem that work on Faces of Thedas lagged a bit behind the launch of Inquisition, leaving us with a lot of potential new material (from the video game), but no corresponding publication to use at the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulahn View Post
      I'd be highly curious to know whether Green Ronin is working diligently and alongside BioWare to come up with new material as it relates to the forthcoming DA4. To get out in front of this one, and have material at least in layout and ready for BW's approval just around the time the video game launches. That would be ideal, to ensure up-to-date content within the TTRPG. Approval delays aside, it did seem that work on Faces of Thedas lagged a bit behind the launch of Inquisition, leaving us with a lot of potential new material (from the video game), but no corresponding publication to use at the table.
      "A bit behind the launch of Inquisition"?
      Inquisition debuted in November 2014. Trespasser was its final DLC, which released in September 2015.
      I mean, we're going on 4+ years at this point. I think it's safe to say that there's no correlation between Bioware's release schedule and that of GR.

Comment

I'll just leave this here:

https://greenronin.com/blog/2019/01/...pre-order-pdf/

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

I just gave it a quick once over and I am very happy with what we’re getting here. I see a bunch of content that I will use in our campaign. Great job, Jack and team!

Comment

Think we can get a table of contents or the like up here?

Comment

Great news!

I did send my second ever tweet a couple of days ago...

@Mike_Laidlaw I see 'Faces of Thedas' is ready to print, but being held up by the lack of anyone signing it off. Any chance you could have a word with any of your old buddies at Bioware? I'd love to see it in production!

Perhaps my missive had the desired effect?!

Comment

Originally posted by Parsival View Post
                Great news!

I did send my second ever tweet a couple of days ago...

@Mike_Laidlaw I see 'Faces of Thedas' is ready to print, but being held up by the lack of anyone signing it off. Any chance you could have a word with any of your old buddies at Bioware? I'd love to see it in production!

Perhaps my missive had the desired effect?!
                Mike Liadlaw doesn't work for Bioware anymore, so I kinda doubt it.

Still! Great News! I see an episode topic coming on fast!
                If you enjoy the AGE system you might enjoy our podcast, The Adventure Game Engine Interest Series (The AGEIS)! Formerly known as the Wonders of Thedas, we talk about all iterations of the AGE system from Dragon Age to the Expanse! We do actual plays as well as discussion episodes where we take listener questions, feature fan creations, and share news about the AGE systems! Step through the portals to see the many worlds they hide!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter, listen to us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, and other places you get podcasts! You can contact us through our social media, Soundcloud, or by emailing us at ageipodcast@gmail.com !

Comment

Aren't the four new backgrounds great? 😃😃😃
                  Tails of Thedas: Roll20. This is what happens when you mix Dragon Age and My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Faces of Thedas p. 3
                    At one stage of the development of this book, we considered adding entries for the various player characters in the Dragon Age video game series. The idea was to hit the high notes and discuss major decision points.

We didn’t do that.
                    Not best pleased by this development, though I understand the reasoning behind it. It (and the absence of the major Inquisition-era bad guys) makes the book feel sadly incomplete -- or more optimistically like a volume 1.
                    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, [url=https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/618254]Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles[/url].

Comment

Originally posted by dareKITTY View Post
                      Aren't the four new backgrounds great? 😃😃😃
                      Which backgrounds are you talking about?

Comment

I'm overall rather pleased with the book. I'm surprised that some of the minor characters have made the cut but the book is missing...

Inquisition:
                        Blackwall
                        Solas
                        Vivienne
                        Corypheus

DA2:
                        Bethany Hawke
                        Carver Hawke
                        Fenris
                        Tallis
                        Orsino
                        Arishok

Origins/Awakenings:
                        Shale
                        Sigrun
                        Velanna

Will these be in a web enhancement some time? Some of those are some pretty glaring omissions since they were party characters from those games. All-in-all, a pretty good book, just could have been longer.

Comment

An option to play as a trapped spirit, 2 new qunaris, and a Dalish mage
                          Tails of Thedas: Roll20. This is what happens when you mix Dragon Age and My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by dareKITTY View Post
                            An option to play as a trapped spirit, 2 new qunaris, and a Dalish mage
                            Thank you. I'm waiting for Amazon to sell the book ( only affordable way to get it in Argentina)

Comment

I got some thoughts on my blog up about Faces of Thedas:

http://snarkknight.com/faces-of-thedas/

TL;DR - It's a book of boss monsters with good advice on how to play these characters and templates to make PCs like these characters. A few questionable inclusions and omissions (Yvette and no Fenris?). The organizations part is more valuable for Lore than anything else. Incarnated Spirit, Ben-Hassrath, and Dalish Mage backgrounds are very cool. I'm throwing down money to encourage more DA content but if you're on the fence about it or not a super-fan the PDF where they can edit the typ is probably your best buy.

Comment

Originally posted by SnarkKnight1 View Post
                                I got some thoughts on my blog up about Faces of Thedas:

http://snarkknight.com/faces-of-thedas/

TL;DR - It's a book of boss monsters with good advice on how to play these characters and templates to make PCs like these characters. A few questionable inclusions and omissions (Yvette and no Fenris?). The organizations part is more valuable for Lore than anything else. Incarnated Spirit, Ben-Hassrath, and Dalish Mage backgrounds are very cool. I'm throwing down money to encourage more DA content but if you're on the fence about it or not a super-fan the PDF where they can edit the typ is probably your best buy.
                                Thinking that some of the characters weren't included because they play a pivotal role in the upcoming game, and their inclusion would be spoilers

Also, totally excited for the organization info because I had posted asking for info on stats for an Avvar hold
                                Last edited by dareKITTY; 01-30-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X