Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dragon Age: Chatacter stats

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
    Hope to see those Inquisition stats someday!
    I will try and get the motivation to get those up and running. My Saturday night Dragon Age games have picked back up so that might happen sooner than later.
    The Untouchable, the Avenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kot the Protector View Post
      I noticed you did not have a stat block for Bethany, the Hawke sister.

Also it appears that Isabela took the Constitution (Seduction) focus. I assume you meant (Stamina)?
      Thank you for the double check. It was indeed a mistake. I have now gone back and corrected it.

I did not stat out Bethany as my canon Hawke is a mage. So she sadly does not get to stick around.
      That is one of the things I wish we could have done in DA2. Decide which sibling we lost instead of it being dependent on your class.

Comment

Alurvelve,

Do you mind if we add stats here? :P I'd stat a few minor characters and non-canon ones (as Bethany and Loghain) just for fun.
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/5902-AGE-DRAGON-AGE-STUFF-Characters-Creatures-etc-NEW-GENLOCK-NECROMANCER-amp-RISEN-OGRE"]My Dragon Age Thread: Characters, Organizations, Optional Rules, Items, Monsters and More[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1589-Dragon-Ball-AGE"]My Dragon Ball conversion for AGE (incomplete)[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1478-ICARUS-STUFF-MORE-PL-4-Archetypes-(Street-Fighter-Shotoclones)"]My M&M3E Builds[/URL]

Comment

You are more than welcomed to add anything to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeducan Pride View Post
            Hi, my friends and I have recently started playing DA RPG.
            Just having a look through these character stats and wondered why some focuses have a (x2) beside them?
            Pgae 58 of the Core rulebook:

Focuses grant a flat +2 bonus to oneís ability tests. For more
            powerful characters, that measure of focus is not always
            enough to win the day or to set your character apart from
            others with similar training. Therefore, at higher levels, characters
            can take a focus for a second time to further improve
            their bonus on those rolls. Starting at level 11, when you
            would gain a new focus you may select a focus you already
            have to increase your bonus with that focus bonus to +3
            (instead of the +2 it was before). Underline the focus on your
            sheet to indicate youíve chosen it a second time.

Comment

LOGHAIN (Dragon Age: Origins)
              (On the occupation of Ferelden) "Hate doesn't describe it. I've seen painted, masked lords beat an old farmer to death with riding crops. To this day, I don't know why. Is that hate? I saw good, sensible men fighting armored chevaliers with nothing—no weapons, no armies, not even hope of success—to see the occupation end. Is that hate?"
              ---
              Background: Fereldan Noble (Strength +1, Intimidation, Cunning +1, Leadership)
              Class and Level: Warrior 10
              ---
              Communication: 3 (Leadership)
              Constitution*: 5 (Stamina)
              Cunning: 3 (Cultural Lore, Military Lore)
              Dexterity*: 2 (Riding)
              Magic: 0
              Perception: 1 (Empathy)
              Strength*: 4 (5) (Heavy Blades, Intimidation, Jumping)
              Willpower: 3 (4) (Morale, Self-Discipline)
              ---
              Specialization: Champion (M)
              Stunt Bonuses: Dual Strike (3 sp), Mighty Blow (1 sp when wielding a two-handed weapon), Threaten (1 sp)
              Talents: Armor Training (J), Command (J), Two-Hander Style (J), Weapon and Shield Style (N)
              ---
              Speed: 10 (12 without armor); Defense: 12; Armor: 10
              Health: 115; Mana: --
              Attack: Greatsword +6 (+7), damage 3d6+4 (3d6+5)*
              * Values in parentheses are used when the Armor of the River Dane is equipped.
              ---
              Equipment: Armor of the River Dane, greatsword.

Armor of the River Dane
              The Battle of River Dane in 8.99 Blessed, was fought against a superior force of Orlesian
              Chevaliers, ambushed by Ferelden rebels as they attempted a crossing of the River Dane. Loghain led that battle, and victoriously stripped the enchanted armor from the dead chevalier commander as a prize. The sight of Loghain wearing this armor became synonymous with Ferelden's defiance of Imperial rule.

This is a three piece personal set of massive armor belonging to Loghain Mac Tir, and only he is able to wear it. It belonged to an Orlesian chevalier commander who led the Battle of River Dane. Loghain defeated him and recovered his enchanted armor.

Armor Type: Silverite heavy plate armor; Armor Value: 10; Armor Penalty: -2; Other Benefits: When equipped by a Fereldan with a justifiable hatred for Orlais (or simply a strong desire to protect the country), that person is inspired to gain a +1 bonus to Strength and Willpower when wearing this armor. Loghain Mac Tir qualifies for this bonus, as does any other character at GM's discretion.
              Loghain Mac Tir was born into an occupied Ferelden and with King Maric Theirin drove out the Orlesian Empire more than thirty years before the events of the Fifth Blight.

Loghain was raised to the position of Teyrn of Gwaren for his service to King Maric. To Ferelden, he represents ideals of hard work and independence. After King Maric was lost at sea, Loghain became responsible for defending Ferelden and guiding his naive and inexperienced son-in-law, King Cailan Theirin.

Note: In the game, during the Landsmeet it is possible to spare the life of Loghain Mac Tir and instead recruit him into the Grey Wardens. In this case, he joins the Warden's party, replacing Alistair. If you prefer a Grey Warden Loghain in your campaign, add the following stats.
              Grey Warden: Dexterity +1, extra talent: Two-Hander Style (M), resistance to the taint, right of conscription, detect darkspawn (50 yards).
              Last edited by Icarus; 12-05-2016, 12:47 AM.
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/5902-AGE-DRAGON-AGE-STUFF-Characters-Creatures-etc-NEW-GENLOCK-NECROMANCER-amp-RISEN-OGRE"]My Dragon Age Thread: Characters, Organizations, Optional Rules, Items, Monsters and More[/URL]
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1589-Dragon-Ball-AGE"]My Dragon Ball conversion for AGE (incomplete)[/URL]
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1478-ICARUS-STUFF-MORE-PL-4-Archetypes-(Street-Fighter-Shotoclones)"]My M&M3E Builds[/URL]

Comment

Minor Characters from Dragon Age: Origins

--------------------------------------------------------

KING CAILAN THEIRIN (Dragon Age: Origins)
                “I cannot wait for that glorious moment! The Grey Wardens battle beside the king of Ferelden to stem the tide of evil!”
                Background: Fereldan Noble (Strength +1, Military Lore, Cunning +1, Leadership)
                Class and Level: Warrior 5
                ---
                Communication: 4 (Leadership); Constitution*: 2; Cunning: 2 (Historical Lore, Military Lore); Dexterity*: 2 (Initiative, Riding); Magic: 0; Perception: 1; Strength*: 3 (Heavy Blades); Willpower: 2 (Courage)
                ---
                Talents: Armor Training (N), Command (J), Two-Hander Style (N), Weapon and Shield Style (N)
                ---
                Speed: 9 (12 without armor); Defense: 12; Armor: 10
                Health: 57; Mana: --
                Attack: Greatsword +5, damage 3d6+3
                ---
                Equipment: Cailan's Arms (see below), greatsword.

Cailan Theirin (born 9:05 Dragon), son of King Maric Theirin and Queen Rowan Guerrin, became the King of Ferelden after the sudden disappearance of his father in 9:25 Dragon. During the opening stages of the Fifth Blight in 9:30, he has been sitting on the throne for five years, alongside his wife Queen Anora Mac Tir, daughter of the hero Loghain Mac Tir.

SER CAUTHRIEN (Dragon Age: Origins)
                “Some of us know what honor and loyalty are.”
                Background: Fereldan Freewoman (Constitution +1, Stamina, Communication +1, Riding)
                Class and Level: Warrior 10
                ---
                Communication: 3 (Leadership); Constitution*: 4 (Stamina); Cunning: 2 (Military Lore); Dexterity*: 4 (Bows, Initiative, Riding); Magic: 0; Perception: 2; Strength*: 4 (Climbing, Heavy Blades, Intimidation); Willpower: 2 (Courage, Morale, Self-Discipline)
                ---
                Specialization: Champion (M); Stunt Bonuses: Dual Strike (3 sp), Mighty Blow (1 sp when wielding a two-handed weapon), Threaten (1 sp); Talents: Armor Training (J), Command (N), Two-Hander Style (M), Weapon and Shield Style (N)
                ---
                Speed: 12 (14 without armor); Defense: 14; Armor: 8
                Health: 105; Mana: --
                Attack: The Summersword +6, damage 3d6+9
                ---
                Equipment: Red steel light plate armor (armor value 8, armor penalty -2) (DA:RPG, DMG2, p. 36)

The Summersword
                In 8:84 Blessed, Lord Aurelien of Montsimmard commissioned a sword for his youngest son Luis. Lord Aurelien sought out the most renowned master smith in the Orlesian Empire, Vercenne of Halamshiral. The old master labored for several months, folding steel, honing the edge to perfection. The resulting blade was as long as a man is tall, and sharp as the tongue of any noblewoman. Vercenne proclaimed it, in a fit of irony, the "Summer Sword", since he had crafted it in the winter of his lifetime.
                —From Codex entry: The Summer Sword

The hilt of this immense sword bears the mark of Vercenne of Halamshiral, believed to be the greatest smith in the history of the Orlesian Empire.

Weapon Type: Silverite greatsword; Minimum Strength: 1; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: +5; Other Benefits: When performing the Skirmish stunt to move an opponents only, the wielder of this weapon moves the target 2 additional yards.
                Ser Cauthrien is a knight and Teyrn Loghain's most trusted lieutenant, as well as the leader of Maric's Shield, Loghain's hand picked elite force.

Last edited by Icarus; 12-05-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Unique Items from Dragon Age: Origins

Cailan's Armor
                  Part of King Cailan's Arms set, this is the armor of King Cailan Theirin of Ferelden, commander of the forces at Ostagar, where he was slain by the darkspawn.

This armor was recovered from the darkspawn-filled Ostagar after the fateful battle where King Cailan was killed.

Armor Type: Red steel heavy plate armor; Armor Value: 10; Armor Penalty: -3; Other Benefits:When equipped in a set with both Maric's Blade and Cailan's Shield, the character generates +2 SP whenever he or she generates stunt points (when equipped alone, no other benefits are gained).
                  Cailan's Shield
                  Part of King Cailan's Arms set, this is the shield of King Cailan Theirin of Ferelden, commander of the forces at Ostagar, where he was slain by the darkspawn.

This shield's heraldry shows two dogs rampant supporting a golden crown. One wields an axe as a symbol of might, the other a royal scepter as a symbol of command.

Item Type: Red steel medium shield; Other Benefits: Wielder gains +1 armor value with this shield equipped. Additionally, when equipped in a set with Maric's Blade, the character generates +1 SP whenever he or she generates stunt points. If both Maric's Blade and Cailan's Armor are equipped together with this shield, the bonus increases to +2 SP.
                  Maric's Blade
                  This is the same sword Maric Theirin found in the Deep Roads during the Fereldan Rebellion. Maric offered to return the blade to the dwarves, but King Endrin Aeducan insisted that Maric should keep it. The blade eventually passed to Maric's son, Cailan Theirin. Cailan left the blade behind in a storage chest in his enclave at Ostagar while he led the troops at the Battle of Ostagar.

Runes glow along the length of this mighty blade. King Maric, father to King Cailan, bore it in his battles against Orlais.

Weapon Type: Red steel longsword; Minimum Strength: 1; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: +3 (+9 vs. darkspawn); Other Benefits: Darkspawn up to 4 yards from the sword's wielder suffer a -1 penalty to Strength. Additionally, when equipped in a set with Cailan's Shield, the character generates +1 SP whenever he or she generates stunt points. If both Cailan's Shield and Cailan's Armor are equipped together with this weapon, the bonus increases to +2 SP.
                  Last edited by Icarus; 12-05-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Will there be stats for Sandal and Bodahn? Maybe a few other NPCs that are just fun to have around like Harding from Inquisition?
                    Tails of Thedas: Roll20. This is what happens when you mix Dragon Age and My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by dareKITTY View Post
                      Will there be stats for Sandal and Bodahn? Maybe a few other NPCs that are just fun to have around like Harding from Inquisition?
                      I don't know about Alurvelve, but I'll probably stat them in my own thread I love Harding!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                        I don't know about Alurvelve, but I'll probably stat them in my own thread I love Harding!
                        Thank you!
                        Tails of Thedas: Roll20. This is what happens when you mix Dragon Age and My Little Pony

Comment

I think some stats have been made up by the developers for the king Cailan. See the example sheets at the mass combat rules which contain the example of battle at ostagar. pages 229-231.
                          Great stats nevertheless if you made everything out of scratch, I will use these at my games if the famous npc's appear in front of the party.
                          Last edited by PnPgamer; 01-11-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PnPgamer View Post
                            I think some stats have been made up by the developers for the king Cailan. See the example sheets at the mass combat rules which contain the example of battle at ostagar. pages 229-231.
                            Great stats nevertheless if you made everything out of scratch, I will use these at my games if the famous npc's appear in front of the party.
                            Hey, glad you liked it

The book only states Cailan's final modifiers in Communication (Leadership) and Cunning (Military Lore), without bringing any other stats for him, mostly because... Well, it's not like they're usually needed. After reading that I actually updated my version of Cailan's stats in my own character thread to give him exactly the same modifiers as the 'official' version (it was quite easy, I coincidentally had given Cailan almost the same stats as the official version). You can find those stats (and others) here.

Comment

Apologies for the threadomancy, but I do think it's quite interesting to study the stats that Alurvelve created and compare them to those in Faces of Thedas, now that we have that publication (mine just arrived from Amazon!). I used those of Isabela found in this thread a couple of months ago and am very pleased to see what a good job was done - there really isn't that much difference. In some ways, I prefer Alurvelve's creation actually - shortswords make more sense than daggers, and I think she ought to have Master level in Dual Weapon Style, for example. I would agree with the Faces of Thedas version though that reduces her Willpower but increases her Perception.

Anyway, I would highly recommend that those GMs who have been bemoaning the lack of stats for Fenris, take another look at those contained within this thread - I'll think you'll find them perfectly useable and this thread is an excellent resource.

Comment

Anyway, I would highly recommend that those GMs who have been bemoaning the lack of stats for Fenris, take another look at those contained within this thread - I'll think you'll find them perfectly useable and this thread is an excellent resource.
                                For me, stats and skills are handy, but not terribly important. Itís more important for unique rules to be described. In Fenrisís case, that would be the lyrics tattoos. You can neither have a rules friendly Fenris, nor can you do something similar (without testing).

Comment

Working...
                                X