Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarm/ Pack/ Mob/ Squad-rules?

Hi there,
    to avoid boring encounters against many weak enemies, I am looking for some rules to create from a single weak enemy, a single entity of a few weak enemies. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advanced

Re: Swarm/ Pack/ Mob/ Squad-rules?

There's a beetle swarm in Set 2, and rat swarms too.

Low damage, AoE, penetrating.

Need AoE to damage.

Comment

Or, give each enemy a set amount of HP (probably pretty low, say...5 for the ease), figure out how many you want in a group (let's say 10), total up the entire groups HP (50 in this case).

In combat, they all act independently, but damage done to them carries over to the next creature , but only take armor into account once (A sword slash to our swarm deals 15 damage, 12 after armor, reducing the groups HP to 38, killing two of the 10. 3 more points of damage would have killed a third).

Haven't tested this for DA, but it's used in other systems.

Comment

I haven't used swarm rules, but I have used "mook" rules. Mooks go down on any hit. Meaning they are either knocked out, run away or are otherwise incapacitated. If the dragon die is 5 or 6, the mook is definitely dead.

Primarily is allows me to run a lot of enemies without having to track health for all of them.

Comment

I have used "Pack Tactics" from Esoterica: Bestiary (page 9) to good effect.

In short, if a critter burns 3 SP, an adjacent critter gets a chance to hit too, in addition to its normal turn (where the adjacent creature may still generate more stunt points). Made the eight little dragonlings scarier than the big Drake (more rolls, more chances to develop Stunts). A couple times this spawned a feeding frenzy that was rather exciting if not all that dangerous to anyone with reasonable armor.

Comment

Working...
          X