Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

    Hiya, been a while since I posted, been catching up!

    Browsing through Green Ronin's stuff at Gen Con 2015, I found the following adventure from here -

    • RPG1576446 The Truth of the Fifth Blight – Dragon Age RPG

    More info about it from here

    The Architect's experiments on Urthemiel caused the Old God to rise as the fifth Archdemon, but why did the experiments fail? Find out in this adventure that takes place prior to Dragon Age: Origins.
    Will this adventure ever be made available, as a pdf for example, for those who can't make it over to Gen Con? For that matter, any other convention adventures? Would be nice



    *Also played was the Quickstart guide adventure, "An Arl’s Ransom" (• RPG1575473 An Arl’s Ransom – Dragon Age RPG)
    "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"

  • #2
    Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

    That's actually an adventure I wrote myself, not something published by Green Ronin. It's definitely in a format of "it only makes sense to me, because I wrote it," so it's not tremendously suitable for publication. But I'll see if I can do something to remedy that. No promises, though

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

      Originally posted by Elfie View Post
      That's actually an adventure I wrote myself, not something published by Green Ronin. It's definitely in a format of "it only makes sense to me, because I wrote it," so it's not tremendously suitable for publication. But I'll see if I can do something to remedy that. No promises, though
      That's interesting. My players are crossing paths with the Architect too. I'd be curious to get your take on him/it and what he's been up to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

        For what its worth, I had the pleasure of being a PC during a session of this adventure ran by Elfie and he shared that it was a very interesting campaign that he transferred into solid one-shot historical adventure. We loved it!

        Not sure if I'm adding extra pressure on him to write it out or if I'm just bragging that I got to play it

        Regardless, I thought it did a good job of giving some life to how the Blight started and my son, who also got to play it, agreed with me that it is now canon history in the 5th Blight campaign I run for our group!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

          Thanks, spiff-9! I'm glad you both enjoyed it! Consider the pressure officially on Though if it does get released, I'll have to come up with something new, so I have a story that veteran players haven't already read! hehehe
          Last edited by Elfie; 08-04-2015, 11:41 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

            Originally posted by Elfie View Post
            That's actually an adventure I wrote myself, not something published by Green Ronin. It's definitely in a format of "it only makes sense to me, because I wrote it," so it's not tremendously suitable for publication. But I'll see if I can do something to remedy that. No promises, though
            Oh wow Great stuff, hope it all went well! I just was googling DA and Gen Con and it came up with your adventure, I'm the other side of the pond to you so not sure if I'll ever make a Gen Con, though I may tie it in with a trip to NYC, have always wanted to go back, been too long.
            "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

              Jamie and I are gonna talk about this. I'd love to get it out there, but as folks can imagine we're busy busy so I don't have a timeframe or anything.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                Originally posted by Jack View Post
                Jamie and I are gonna talk about this. I'd love to get it out there, but as folks can imagine we're busy busy so I don't have a timeframe or anything.
                Wouldn't it have to go through approvals with Bioware to be actually published?
                ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                  I would imagine it would end up one of the free PDFs like previous Con adventures and the like. Not sure if that allows them to sidestep the approval process.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                    Originally posted by TrentFarrell View Post
                    I would imagine it would end up one of the free PDFs like previous Con adventures and the like. Not sure if that allows them to sidestep the approval process.
                    Especially if Elfie posted it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                      Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
                      Wouldn't it have to go through approvals with Bioware to be actually published?
                      Yes, yes it would. Fortunately, Jamie really knows his DA lore, so that's a big help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                        Originally posted by Jack View Post
                        Yes, yes it would. Fortunately, Jamie really knows his DA lore, so that's a big help.
                        Thanks, Jack! The story does rely heavily on something that was never actually explained through the games or books. Hopefully it's not something where BW is like "Yeah, we know we never told anyone the answer, but we know what the answer is and that's not it."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gen Con 2015 adventure - possibility of it being available after the Con?

                          Originally posted by Elfie View Post
                          Thanks, Jack! The story does rely heavily on something that was never actually explained through the games or books. Hopefully it's not something where BW is like "Yeah, we know we never told anyone the answer, but we know what the answer is and that's not it."
                          To be fair, this is totally a thing that may (and has) happened.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X